182. beetroot carrot salad
orange and red, what a combination!
So far all the beetroot salads that I have blogged have cooked beetroot. The recipe I am going to blog today has raw beetroot. Raw beetroot too tastes equally good. A good salad for barbeques, dinner parties, light lunch. No,I am not going to suggest that for breakfast. Go crazy with all the different types of seeds you can lay your hands on for this recipe. I had pumpkin and sunflower seeds, though the pumpkin seeds were a bit chewy.
BEETROOT CARROT SALAD
1 cup (heaped) grated beetroot
1 cup (heaped) grated carrot
½ cup mixture of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted pine nuts,raisins
1 clove of garlic , minced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp honey
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp mustard paste
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper powder
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
a bit of shaved parmesan cheese, optional
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Put the grated beetroot and carrots in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Cover with a cling film and let it marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix in the sunflower seed mixture.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and cheese if you are using any.
- Serve immediately.
- Can use dried cranberries instead of raisins.
- Use any cheese of your choice.
- Replace coriander with fresh mint.
|beetroot watermelon juice|
Sending this recipe for the following event: