143.beetroot watermelon juice
cool and sweet
It seems that watermelons are here for most of the year. I bought one to serve after dinner but it was not sweet at all, though it was deep red. The next day the leftover chunks became a nice healthy drink. Served it to some guests of mine and they could not believe that I had not added any sugar to it. What was the secret ingredient? Read on to find out.
BEETROOT WATERMELON JUICE
6 to 8 servings
6 cups of chopped watermelon
1 large beetroot
1 cup water
1 tsp ginger paste
¼ tsp salt
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes.
- Wash and peel the beetroot. Cut it into half and boil in 1 cup of water till done.
- Cut the beetroot into cubes.
- Put the watermelon, beetroot, leftover water from boiling the beetroot, ginger paste and salt in a liquidiser jug and blend.
- Sieve the juice to remove any seeds that may be present.
- Chill till required.
- Serve with ice cubes.
- Adding a pinch of salt to any juice brings out the flavour.
- Instead of ginger can add mint leaves.
- Freeze it in lolly moulds to make ice pops.