110.grape beetroot salad
sweet and tangy
Colours play such an important role in determining the quality of a dish presented to your guests or family. I love my salads to appear colourful. A boiled beetroot and a handful of grapes left in the fridge, turned into a delightful salad. You can use your choice of dressing for the salad… french, mayonnaise, thousand island etc. I prepared mine with my famous simple oil and lemon dressing. Mix the grapes, or use one colour. I have not used a sweetener for the dressing as both the beetroot and grapes are sweet.
GRAPE BEETROOT SALAD
1 cup green salad leaves or baby spinach
1 medium beetroot
2 tbsps crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsps chopped chives or spring onions
8 walnuts, chopped into big pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp coarse pepper powder
¼ tsp salt
- Peel and boil the beetroot. Let it cool and cut into thick slices.Half or quarter the slices.
- Tear the salad leaves into smaller pieces.
- Cut the grapes into half.
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour it over the salad just before serving.
- Mix the salad and leave in the fridge to cool if serving on a hot day.
- Instead of feta cheese can use goat cheese or paneer as its difficult to get feta in India. Just marinate the paneer pieces in the dressing.
Sending this recipe for the following event: