186. potato salad
It’s potatoes again
Nice creamy potato salad is a hit at any party. Kids and adults love potatoes and the salad goes well with hot crispy pizzas. I am already drooling…. not for the salad but for the pizzas! To make it an absolute veggie salad I do not use mayonnaise or salad cream. Combining thick yogurt and fresh cream makes this salad refreshing.
4 TO 6 Servings
500g baby potatoes
3½ tsps salt
1 cup thick yogurt or ½ cup thick yogurt and ½ cup fresh double cream
3 tbsps chopped fresh dill (suva bhaji)
2 tbsps roasted sesame seeds (tal)
8 to 10 chopped walnuts
½ to 1 tsp sugar
½ tsp green chilli paste
- Wash and put the potatoes in a pan. Cover it with enough water. Add 3 tsps of salt and boil the potatoes till they are done.
- Drain out the water and let the potatoes cool down completely.
- Peel them if you like. If some of them are big cut into half. You want bite size potatoes.
- Mix remaining salt, sugar, dill, cream and green chilli paste into the yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt over the potatoes. Mix it well and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes till it gets chilled.
- Add sesame seeds and walnuts just before serving.
- Use normal potatoes if you don’t get baby potatoes. Peel and cube them when they are cold.
- Add mint or fresh coriander instead of dill.
- Add ¼ tsp garlic paste instead of chilli paste.
- Mix in a few chopped seedless grapes or pomegranate seeds.
You may want to check out the following:
|roasted potato avocado salad|
|avocado beetroot salad