50. pineapple salsa
Thank you Nami
2 weeks ago my daughter Nami sent me a recipe for pineapple salsa. As soon as I got some sweet fresh pineapple, I had to try out the recipe. It turned out very well, though I had to make a slight change from the original recipe sent to me from the savouryandsweet blog by her. I couldn’t find any jalapenos so I replaced it with chilli flakes. Try the recipe out and use it as a starter with taco chips or normal potato crisps(chips) or crispy pita bread. Use tinned pineapples if you don’t get fresh ones. The sweetness from the pineapples, chilliness from the chilli flakes and sourness from the lemon will definitely play music on your tongue.
Several times I have used this recipe to make not salsa but even as a salad. Its so refreshing, filling and delicious. I chop it finely for salsa and into bite size chunks for salad.
- If you are using tinned pineapple, drain out the juice from it.
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl just before serving.
- If you want to prepare the salsa for a party, mix all the ingredients except salt and leave it in the refrigerator. Add salt just before serving.
- Add jalapenos if you like.
- Use the above recipe as a salad. Just chop the vegetables and fruits a bit bigger.