123. melon salsa
Yet another salsa
What do you do with a melon that is tasteless? Eat it anyway, or sprinkle some sugar, drizzle some honey, make a smoothie or a salad? Endless options right? So I didn’t take the smoothie path but opted for a yummy salsa to go with the tortilla chips. Great as a starter or a snack. Serve it in style with friends and let them praise your culinary skills.
1 cup finely chopped cantaloupe, honey dew, any melon
½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
½ green chilli finely chopped or paste
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crunchy toast.
- Can add finely chopped bell pepper or tomato, olives.
- Prepare ahead and keep in the fridge but add salt just before serving.
- Next time I will chop the melon even finer as it will be easier to scoop with a tortilla chip.
- Use as a salad to serve with burgers, pasta etc.