Feel the Light
Songs can uplift the soul, calm your mind, create a peaceful environment, bring smiles on faces, sometimes tears, transport you to a different level and make your heart beat. One such song I heard recently was Feel the Light by Jennifer Lopez. She has sung the song for the upcoming movie Home.The song is wow but what makes it even more wow is the dress she had worn for the American Idol. The 20 foot radius and 40 foot diameter long dress almost covered the whole American Idol stage. Called a projector dress it acted as a blank canvas projecting a variety of special effect lights.Watch the video to believe and at the same time enjoy the beautiful lyrics of the song – Feel the Light
Have you noticed how all the animated movies have beautiful songs. Love listening to them. I love watching animated movies.Its amazing how one can watch them again and again and still enjoy them.When my kids were growing up, we’ve watched Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Jungle Book, Aladdin and Bambi so many times. It was their favourite thing to do during the weekend. Each weekend they had turns to decide which movie they would get to watch. Now I get the opportunity to watch them with my niece when I go to London or on flights. With earphones covering my ears, in my teeny weeny space, I get lost for a while and thoroughly enjoy the movie and flight! During my last flight to India watched Madagascar 3. Will I get to see Home on my next flight?
We all know that we have to eat healthy but time and again we get tempted by all the unhealthy foods, fried ones, sweet ones, cheesy ones. I try and make our dinners light and healthy. But of course that’s not the case everyday. The days we have soups, salads, my hubby feels hungry again by 10 p.m. However, our quest to eat healthier continues. Since I can’t be serving soup everyday, I have to make innovative dishes which are healthy and yet appealing. Occasionally I make stuffed zucchini (courgettes) or boats as some call them with different types of filling. Easy to prepare and healthy, I usually serve it as a side dish, or with salad or soup.
Share your thoughts:
Do you love watching animated movies?
Makes 3 big ones or 6 medium ones
3 big or 6 medium zucchini (courgettes)
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped carrot
¼ cup finely cut zucchini (use the scooped out bits)
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 small tomato finely chopped
¼ tsp salt + extra for sprinkling on the zucchini
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp olive oil + extra for brushing
½ tsp italian seasoning or herbs of your choice
¼ cup grated cheese
- Put oil in a wide pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and carrots. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomato and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the vegetables.
- Add the pepper, herbs or seasoning. Mix and keep on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a baking tray lightly.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini.
- Slice off a bit of the top part lengthwise.
- Carefully make incisions around and scoop out the inner part of the zucchini. Be careful not to go too deep and the zucchini does not break.
- Slice off a tiny bit at the bottom so that the boats sit well on the tray.
- Place the scooped out zucchini on the greased tray.
- Brush the zucchini lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over them.
- Put the stuffing into the scooped out zucchinis.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle grated cheese over them.
- Place the zucchinis back in the oven. Bake till the cheese melts.
- Insert a knife into the zucchini. If it goes in easily its done.
- Serve immediately with fresh tomato or chilli sauce.
- Add a filling of your choice.
- Make sure to taste the zucchini before you bake them. They can be bitter sometimes.
- Don’t over bake the zucchini. It will begin to fall apart.
- Adds nuts or seeds of your choice.
- Adjust the spices and salt according to your taste.
- You can use fresh herb of your choice.
- If you have any scooped out zucchini left, use it up in a soup or curry.
|pasta stuffed sweet pepper|
|eggplant mini pizza|