Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
RECIPE: STRAWBERRY OREO CHEESECAKE
Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake is a no bake, easy to make, simply irresistible creamy dessert with fresh strawberries and oreo crust. Prefect for any celebration or just as a fancy treat. To make this delicious cheesecake, I have used vegetarian gelatin. I love using Dr. Oetker’s Vege – Gel. Whenever I run out of it, I replace it with agar agar.
What I have realised is that if I am not demoulding the cheesecake and if I have used fresh double cream, then there is no need to use any gelling agent. However, if you use a cake tin to make one big cheesecake then you need to add a gelling agent.
Very Berry Yummy
Whenever strawberries are in season, I love enjoying them on their own or use them differently. During summer I love Strawberry Finger Millet Smoothie or Mango Strawberry Smoothie for breakfast. When in season, the best dessert to make in a jiffy and enjoy is Strawberries And Cream. If you have a bit of time, another easy dessert to put together is Strawberry Mousse without any eggs or gelatin. A delightful and fun brunch especially for Valentine’s Day is Chocolate Crepes With Strawberries. Another special and easy to make decadent treat is homemade Chocolate Coated Strawberries.
Want to give some home baked goodies as a present to friends or family? How about some eggless Strawberry Choco Chip Cupcakes. During Ganesh Chaturthi I love making Strawberry Rose Modak. Serve it as a delicious strawberry kesari as a part of an Indian Dinner Party. Can’t wait for summer season to make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.
What an awful day I’ve had. Had to sit in the National ID Card office for over 2 hours. I had applied for the new generation ID card. According to their records my new ID card was prepared and is ready. However, they couldn’t find it. I knew that if I left their office leaving them with the relevant details, nothing will be done. Till it was time for them to close they could not find my id card.
So that task still remains to be tackled. It really baffles me why government offices can never work with efficiency! They clearly have not heard of consumers rights. They behave as though they are doing us a great big favour. One of the staff, was ‘barking’ out instructions. Yes barking… there was no politeness and she spoke to everyone with anger. It took a great effort on my part to keep my mouth shut as I knew if I told her something, she would actually make getting my id card even more difficult.
Today’s Post – Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
This post is long overdue. I had actually prepared the cheesecake when I was in Bangalore visiting my daughter. In fact, had made it for my birthday. My daughter’s friends were coming home to celebrate with me. We had planned to order pizzas and I decided to make the dessert at home. The strawberries available in the market were simply beautiful and so sweet. My daughter suggested that I use Oreo for the crust layer. Must admit, I was a bit skeptical but Oreo seems to be the new fad.
So Oreo it was. And instead of making one big cheesecake I went for individual portions as it is so much easier to serve for parties without the tension and mess of demoulding it. Truth be told, strawberries and Oreos make a fanastic combination. Next time, have to remember to save some whole Oreo cookies to top the cheesecake with.
Ingredients Required For Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Cookies – 150g or around that. Should be about 1½ cups of oreo crumbs. Crush the cookies in a food processor without removing the cream part. Process to a fine or slightly coarse texture.
- Butter – melted, to add to the oreo crumbs.
- Fresh Strawberries – remove the stem and leaves. Process in a food processor without any water. If they strawberries are large, cut them into halves to make the processing easier.
- Vege-Gel – I like to use Dr Oetker’s vege-gel which I get from UK. Can use normal gelatin. If you want to use agar agar powder, allow it to bloom in the water for 5 minutes. Then heat it to melt it over the stove or in the microwave oven. If using agar agar then you will have to make the strawberry puree a little hot before adding agar agar to it.
- Water – about 2-3 tbsp of normal tap water for bloom the gelatin or agar agar. Add gelatin, vege-gel or agar agar powder to the water and allow it to bloom for 5 minutes. Melt it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Or place the bowl over hot water and keep mixing till it melts.
- Cream Cheese – use good quality cream cheese. Should be soft and not watery.
- Whipping Cream – I prefer to use fresh cream but when not available I use non dairy whipping cream. However, much rather prefer to look for fresh cream. When in India, I like to use Milky Mist Fresh Cream when it is available.
- Vanilla Extract – for this dessert, I actually crushed a half of vanilla pod with the strawberries. The pod had dried up and I didn’t want to throw it away. Even though dry it still added the required flavour.
- Powdered Sugar – grind normal sugar at home or use store bought icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar). Add according to your taste. If the strawberries are really sweet then you may need only ⅓ cup. Or use ½ cup.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce
- Oreo Cookie
- Whipped Cream
Watch How To Make Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
STRAWBERRY OREO CHEESECAKE
FOR THE CRUST:
- 150 g oreos 1½ cups crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- 250 g fresh strawberries 1 cup puree
- 1 cup fresh double cream
- 2½ tsp vege-gel gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- 250 g cream cheese
- ⅓ -½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING:
- sprinkles, oreo, fresh chopped strawberries,strawberry sauce, dark chocolate chips
PREPARATION OF THE CRUST:
- Crush the oreos lightly in a food processor along with the oreo cream. Or alternatively you can crush them with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter and add to the crushed oreos.
- Divide the crumb mixture into the individual containers.
- Press gently.
- Put the containers in the fridge to allow the crust to set.
PREPARATION OF STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- Add the VEGE-GEL or gelatin to the water and leave it on the side for 5 minutes.
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Puree in a food processor without any water.
- Place the bowl of gelling agent over hot water. Stir till it melts. The bottom of the bowl should touch the hot water.
- Alternately put it in the microwave oven for 30-40 seconds.
- Add the vege-gel mixture in the pureed strawberries and mix well.
- Whisk cream cheese and sugar together.
- Whisk fresh cream and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add whipped cream to the whipped cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk to mix.
- Add the strawberry puree. Whisk lightly to mix.
- Divide the strawberry cheesecake mixture equally between the 6 containers.
- Spoon it over the oreo crust.
- Cover the containers with lids or cling film.
- Put the cheesecakes in the fridge to set. Best to allow it to set for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, add a topping of your choice.
- If you don't want to use oreos, use any chocolate cookies for the crust.
- If you don't get fresh cream then use a non dairy whipping cream.
- If you want to use agar agar powder instead of gelatin or vege-gel, replace it equal amount i.e. 2½ tsp of agar agar powder. Allow it to bloom in the water.
- Heat it directly on the stove or in the microwave for it to melt. Warm the strawberry puree before adding the agar agar to it. Don't make the strawberry puree too hot.
Pin For Later:
A little request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email email@example.com
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962