697.Caprese Stuffed Portobello
MEGA BLOGGING MARATHON -SEPT 2017
#80TH BLOGGING MARATHON
THEME: PROTEIN RICH DISHES
Protein sources in this recipe are mushrooms, mozzarella
By no means am I claiming or supporting any sort of fad diet that are the latest craze in the fitness world. I’m just trying to include non meat non fish dishes from which you can get your protein source.
CAPRESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO
4 portobello mushrooms
1 cup cherry/plum/baby tomatoes cut into halves
125g fresh mozzarella
10-12 fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp coarse pepper powder
salt to sprinkle on top
- Grate or tear into small pieces the mozzarella cheese.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel.
- Chop the basil leaves.
- Heat butter in a small pan.
- Add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Switch on the broiler/grill on high.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush the bottom of the mushrooms with garlic butter.
- Place the mushrooms in the tray with the caps up.
- Brush the caps with the remaining garlic butter.
- Fill the cap with tomatoes.
- Add mozzarella.
- Grill the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese melts and the mushrooms are golden brown in colour.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over it and serve.
- Usually caprese means that its served with balsamic vinegar or syrup. Since that would have tasted sweet my family didn’t want it on the mushrooms. But you can make or use ready made balsamic syrup or glaze. Mix ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and add 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes till it becomes thick.
- If you don’t get baby tomatoes, dice normal tomatoes.
- Serve this dish along with some soup or a salad.
Day 1 – Mixed Dal Paddu
Day 2 – Fruit and Nut Yogurt Parfait
Day 3 – Moong and Spinach Muthia
Day 4 – Paneer and Naan Bites
Day 5 – Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Day 6 – Nectarine and French Bean Quinoa Salad
Day 7 – Tofu Wraps
Day 8 – Sai Bhaji
Day 9 – Veg Protein Burrito Bowl
Day 10 – Palak Pakodi Chaat
Day 11 – Phyllo Cheesecake Cups
Day 12 – Garlicky Broccoli Quinoa
Day 13 – Quinoa Lapsi
Check out what other Mega Blogging Marathoners have made for Day 14:
September 16, 2017 at 11:26 am
Omg, those caprese stuffed portobello are seriously alluring. My mouth is just watering here. Very tempting to the core.
September 16, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Wow that dish looks fantastic!..I have been wanting to make caprese based dishes, this one looks so nicely done..
September 16, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Bookmarking the recipe Mayuri. Mushroom is everyone's favorite at home.
September 17, 2017 at 12:11 am
Stuffed mushrooms are a treat by themselves and yours look absolutely fabulous, very colorful.
Sharmila- The Happie Friends Potpourri corner
September 17, 2017 at 2:45 pm
This is simply yummy.. I never got to taste portobello so far.. Must be really delicious..
September 17, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Those portobello mushrooms look amazing and you have a fabulous dish there. Glad you ticked that one off your list
September 18, 2017 at 4:58 am
I have seen this mushroom in masterchef series but never got a chance to cook with this as we don't get it here. Looking at your stuffed mushrooms I am so tempted to try.
September 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
I can get everything but the Portobello mushrooms. What a pity this is something that my family will enjoy. Beautifully done Mayuri.
September 18, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Those stuffed portobello looks amazing. I love the idea of stuffing them with tomatoes and cheese.
September 18, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Portbello mushrooms are my favorite and this caprese stuff one, omg. I am sure I can't get enough of these. Great pick.
September 20, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Very new and interesting recipe specially love the style of serving.. mushroom with caprese salad.
September 21, 2017 at 11:02 am
oh wow 🙂 this is a Masterchef kind of dish – the husband who loves mushrooms wd love this !
September 22, 2017 at 9:43 am
Caprese with mushroom sounds so innovative and interesting.Looks healthy and colorful.
October 3, 2017 at 9:30 am
very new recipe. mushroom with caprese salad.