697.Caprese Stuffed Portobello
MEGA BLOGGING MARATHON -SEPT 2017
#80TH BLOGGING MARATHON
THEME: PROTEIN RICH DISHES
Protein sources in this recipe are mushrooms, mozzarella
By no means am I claiming or supporting any sort of fad diet that are the latest craze in the fitness world. I’m just trying to include non meat non fish dishes from which you can get your protein source.
CAPRESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO
4 portobello mushrooms
1 cup cherry/plum/baby tomatoes cut into halves
125g fresh mozzarella
10-12 fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp coarse pepper powder
salt to sprinkle on top
- Grate or tear into small pieces the mozzarella cheese.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel.
- Chop the basil leaves.
- Heat butter in a small pan.
- Add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Switch on the broiler/grill on high.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush the bottom of the mushrooms with garlic butter.
- Place the mushrooms in the tray with the caps up.
- Brush the caps with the remaining garlic butter.
- Fill the cap with tomatoes.
- Add mozzarella.
- Grill the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese melts and the mushrooms are golden brown in colour.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over it and serve.
- Usually caprese means that its served with balsamic vinegar or syrup. Since that would have tasted sweet my family didn’t want it on the mushrooms. But you can make or use ready made balsamic syrup or glaze. Mix ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and add 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes till it becomes thick.
- If you don’t get baby tomatoes, dice normal tomatoes.
- Serve this dish along with some soup or a salad.
Day 1 – Mixed Dal Paddu
Day 2 – Fruit and Nut Yogurt Parfait
Day 3 – Moong and Spinach Muthia
Day 4 – Paneer and Naan Bites
Day 5 – Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Day 6 – Nectarine and French Bean Quinoa Salad
Day 7 – Tofu Wraps
Day 8 – Sai Bhaji
Day 9 – Veg Protein Burrito Bowl
Day 10 – Palak Pakodi Chaat
Day 11 – Phyllo Cheesecake Cups
Day 12 – Garlicky Broccoli Quinoa
Day 13 – Quinoa Lapsi
Check out what other Mega Blogging Marathoners have made for Day 14: