Pineapple Mint Juice
RECIPE: PINEAPPLE MINT JUICE
Can I Make The Juice Without Fresh Mint?
Can I Make The Juice Ahead?
Don’t Add Too Much Water
Like me my elder son is a huge fan of pineapple. We seriously don’t mind enjoying pineapple every single day if that is possible. Whenever he would come home for a holiday, he would tinker in the kitchen making really easy but delicious desserts or drinks. It was during one of his annual leave from Djibouti Kempinski that he made pineapple mint juice. And I fell in love with it.
Fast forward a few years and Cafesserie, Mombasa has Pineapple Mint Juice on its menu. Obviously, that is my drink of choice to order every time we go there for lunch.
Some Fresh Juice Recipes On My Blog
PINEAPPLE MINT JUICE
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup water chilled
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 15-20 fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes for serving
- 1 tbsp sugar, honey, maple syrup optional
- Add pineapple chunks, water and salt into a blender.
- Blend till all the pineapple chunks are crushed and the liquid appears smooth.
- Strain the juice to remove the fibres.
- Return the juice to the blender jug.
- If the pineapple is not sweet, add sugar, honey or maple syrup.
- Add mint leaves and process for a few seconds.
- Add ice cubes into two serving glasses.
- Top it with the pineapple mint juice. Serve immediately.
- Use ripe juicy pineapple.
- If the pineapple is sour add a sweetener of your choice - sugar, honey, maple syrup.
- Replace water with coconut water.
- Prepare the juice ahead and leave it in the fridge so it becomes cold.
PIN FOR LATER:
A little request:
- If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962