112. eggless strawberry chocolate chip cupcakes
I love strawberries
Fresh fruit cupcakes are delicious, soft and fruity. I went to Nairobi last week and came back with loads of fresh sweet strawberries. I had to bake these yummy cup cakes this morning. Ideal for breakfast or tea. I left mine without any decoration but you can serve them with whipped fresh cream or just sieve some icing sugar over the tops. I loved these cupcakes as they are not too sweet and you can actually taste the strawberries and chocolate chips.
EGGLESS STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
Yields 12 to 16 cupcakes
1½ cups whole wheat flour (atta)
1½ tsps baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
pinch of salt
½ cup sugar, white or brown
4 tbsps soft butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup fresh yogurt
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
½ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup milk
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Put paper cake cups into a muffin tray or moulds.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt together.
- Wash the strawberries, hull them and dice them to make up a cup.
- Beat sugar and butter together till it is creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix it well.
- Add the flour, chocolate chips and strawberries. Fold the mixture gently using a spatula or a spoon. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the cups about ¾ of the way. The number of cups required will depend on the size of cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife into the middle of the cup cake. It should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let the cakes cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the tray. Remove them from the tray and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Instead of strawberries can use any other fresh berries.
- Instead of chocolate chips can use raisins or nuts.
- Serve as a dessert with fresh whipped cream. Add a bit of powdered sugar in the cream before whipping.
|eggless mango coconut muffins|