56. pasta salad
There are many versions of pasta salad. Adding vegetables, fruits,meat, fish, different dressings. The number of versions you can make are endless. Its just a matter of letting your imagination run wild. Mine runs wild only when I go shopping at the stores in London as the availability of ingredients are endless. Here in Mombasa I have to stick to what I get. So this is my Mombasa version of pasta salad. Use any type of pasta you like. Its good as a light meal or for lunch.
For 2 as a meal or 4
1 cup boiled pasta
1 medium tomato or 12 cherry tomatoes
1 carrot peeled and sliced
½ cup cucumber chunks
12 olives black or green or mixed
½ cup cooked corn
2 tbsp sliced onion
¼ cup cheese cubes, any of your choice
Italian Dressing :
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp coarse pepper powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp honey
½ tsp salt
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- If you are using a normal tomato, wash it and cut into quarters.
- Cut the olives into half.
- Toast the pine nuts lightly on a pan till they become a bit brownish.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except for the lettuce leaves.
- Add lettuce leaves or spinach leaves if you like.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning then add ½ tsp each of dried rosemary, basil, oregano,garlic powder and onion powder.
- Feel free to use mayonnaise, salad cream or french dressing.
- You can add coloured pepper if you like. Add vegetables of your choice.
- Instead of cheddar which I used, you can use mozzarella, edam, halloumi etc.
|tropical pasta salad|
|pasta with roasted vegetable sauce