44. apple carrot salad
crunch, crunch, crunch
If my dedicated followers have been thinking why I have not posted any new salad recipes then its just because some of the ingredients are really difficult to get in Mombasa. The rains in Kenya have destroyed a lot of crops. The carrots available at the moment are really fresh, crunchy and sweet. Usually, carrot salad is pretty boring with just a few raisins added to it along with some sort of dressing. Carrot salad doesn’t have to be boring any more. This recipe promises to be crunchy, tangy and delectable.
Updated the photos. Love my iphone 🙂
APPLE CARROT SALAD
2 medium carrots peeled and grated or sliced
1 apple whichever you prefer, sliced thinly
½ red pepper, sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
10 macadamia nuts roughly chopped into big pieces
For the dressing:
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
- Add some lemon juice onto the apple slices so that they do not turn brown.
- Mix the carrots, nuts, mint and apple in a serving bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, honey or maple syrup, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
- Can add any nuts you prefer.
- Can use mayonnaise as a dressing if you like.
- Try basil instead of mint.
- use any type of apple. I love the sour taste of the green apples.
|spicy cucumber and carrot salad