Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Event: Bread Bakers
Theme: Pull Apart Bread
Recipe: Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread
This Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread is stuffed with cheese and coated with garlic herb butter. It makes a wonderful bread to share with your family and guests for lunch or dinner.
BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake a bread with a common ingredient or theme. Members get a turn to host and suggest the theme.
Theme: Pull Apart Bread
Pull Apart Breads is the November theme for Bread Bakers suggested by Kelly Lawson who blogs at Passion Kneaded. She has an awesome collection of Muffins and Breads so please Google her blog and check it out.
Pull Apart Bread has been on my ‘to do’ list for a long time. I’ve done mini ones in a muffin pan – Mini Garlic And Chilli Pull Apart Bread.
What Are Pull Apart Breads?
Pull Apart Breads or Monkey Breads is a great way to serve bread at parties, or if stuffed then as a starter too. Pull Apart Breads can be sweet or savory and I chose to bake a savory one. Who can beat the taste of butter and garlic with a bit of herbs added. However, I decided to first stuff the bread with tiny cubes of cheddar cheese, then coated the balls with the garlic butter.
Some Pull Apart Bread Recipes On My Blog:
Turmeric and Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Check out what other Bread Bakers have made for the Pull Apart Bread Theme:
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena’s Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
Ingredients Required For Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Flour – I have used plain/all purpose flour. You can take a mixture of wheat and all purpose flour. Need extra flour for dusting.
Yeast – I have used instant active dry yeast. If you use normal dry yeast then you need to ferment it first before adding to the flour. Take about ½ cup of liquid from the measured amount. Add sugar and stir. Sprinkle the yeast over it. Give it a gentle stir. Cover and allow the yeast to ferment for 10 minutes. The mixture should appear frothy.
Sugar – don’t skip adding sugar as it helps to ferment the yeast resulting in the rise of the dough. Can replace it with honey, maple syrup if you want to.
Milk – use warm milk. You may need from 1 -1¼ cups of milk depending on the flour. Some flours absorb more liquid than others.
Olive Oil – I have used olive oil to add to the dough. You can use butter or any oil of your choice.
Butter – I have used salted butter. Melt it gently over the stove or in the microwave oven. Need a bit more to grease the baking pan.
Herbs – I have used mixed dry herbs. Use any herbs of your choice.
Garlic – I have used 2 tsp of minced garlic. Add according to your taste.
CHEESE STUFFED GARLIC PULL APART BREAD
FOR THE PULL APART BREAD:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant dried active yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1¼ cups warm milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE COATING:
- ½ cup butter melt it
- 1-2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp dried herbs of your choice I used oregano
- 200 g cheddar or mozzarella cheese cut into 32 cubes or pieces
- extra flour for dusting
- extra butter for greasing
PREPARATION OF THE BUTTER COATING:
- Make the coating by melting the butter over low heat or in the microwave oven.
- Add garlic and herbs to it and mix well.
PREPARATION OF THE PULL APART BREAD:
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in a big bowl.
- Add yeast and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and rub it into the flour.
- Add warm milk and form a dough.
- Dust the worktop lightly with some flour.
- Knead the dough on the worktop for 8-10 minutes until it is soft and smooth.
- The dough may stick to your hands but keep on adding the remaining oil as you knead. Don't be tempted to add too much flour.
- Grease the bowl with butter or oil.
- Shape the dough into a ball shape and place it in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film or damp tea towel. leave it in a warm place for the dough to rise till its double the size. Mine took about 1 hour.
- Lightly dust the worktop with some flour. Tip the dough onto the worktop.
- Gently press the dough to degas it.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Use a sharp kitchen knife or a scrapper to cut the dough.
- Divide each part into half. So now you will have 8 parts.
- Divide each part into half to get 16 parts.
- Divide each part into half to get 32 parts.
- Let the dough 'parts' rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the cheese into 32 cubes or parts.
- Grease a small cake tin (about 6-7" in diameter) with some butter.
- Take one part of the dough. Flatten it slightly with your finger tips.
- Place one cube of cheese in the middle of the dough and roll it up.
- Coat the rolled ball with the melted garlic butter.
- Place the ball in the prepared tin.
- Repeat with the remaining dough pieces and cheese.
- As you place the coated balls in the pan, make sure you arrange them well.
- Cover the pan with a damp kitchen towel and let the bread rise again for 45-60 minutes.
BAKE THE PULL APART BREAD:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the pan with the risen dough in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes till the top is golden brown.
- Remove the pull apart bread from the oven.
- Pour any remaining melted butter over it.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan and serve it warm.
- Serve this bread with soup, salad or as a side dish.
- Don't be in a hurry to remove the bread from the pan otherwise it will fall apart.
- Stuff it with any cheese of your choice, parmesan, mozzarella, etc.
- Use herbs of your choice.
Pin For Later:
A Little Request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962
November 14, 2017 at 4:21 pm
This bread looks so gorgeous it would be great to serve at a dinner party with some soup as a starter.
Eileen (Baking Sense)
November 14, 2017 at 5:48 pm
Any recipe that starts with the words “Cheese Stuffed” has my vote. Wonderful recipe, Mayuri.
November 14, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Love the addition of cheese inside Mayuri.
November 14, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Cheese stuffed garlic pull apart bread sounds delicious, great with any hearty soup!
November 14, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Nice and simple one. I love home made breads.
November 15, 2017 at 2:04 am
I'd just love to tar into this bread. I just love garlic and cheese together!
November 15, 2017 at 2:22 am
ummm.. I love a bread that is stuffed with cheese!~ Your bread sounds really yummy with cheese and garlic.
November 15, 2017 at 4:10 am
I love the little bits of cheese in the middle. The way you piled the shaped balls in the cake pan looks wonderful. I may have to try this for Thanksgiving.
November 15, 2017 at 5:26 am
Hello Mayuri, Wahat a pretty cluster of garlic cheese bread! I loved your idea of stuffing thr rolls with cheese cubes and then coating in garlic butter. What a heavenly combo!
November 15, 2017 at 8:47 pm
That sounds like a very flavorful bread with garlic and cheese.
November 16, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Cheese stuffed garlic pull apart looks perfect to enjoy for mid day meal.
November 17, 2017 at 5:01 am
Garlic pull apart looks yummy and I love this recipe!
November 17, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Looks so beautiful.. loved the detailed recipe..
Sharmila- The Happie Friends Potpourri corner
November 18, 2017 at 10:43 am
Always like cheese stuffed treats.. This is really awesome !!
November 19, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Tasty pull apart bread. I do need to try this.
November 20, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Cheesy soft, fluffy pull apart rolls. So tempting.
November 20, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Cheesy and beautiful bread, love it.
December 3, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Wow, I love this bread Mayauri. Must try making it for my cheese crazy hubby.
April 2, 2018 at 7:23 am
Pull aparts are my favourites too. Fuss free eating and tiny bites can be savoured with a cup of tea or coffee. Stuffed ones are even more tempting. A great brunch option or a party pleaser, bread baking is certainly great! Loved the puffed up bread and the spongy interior.
June 6, 2018 at 7:44 am
The cheese stuffed garlic pull apart rolls are on my to do list from a long time di.. bookmarking this detailed recipe..will give it a try soon
June 6, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Thanks Poonam and do let me know how it turns out.