136. zucchini carrot salad
orange and green healthiness
Zucchini, baby marrow, courgettes all different names for one vegetable. Bake it, stir fry it, fry it, add it, or eat it raw.Yes, eat it raw as a salad and it tastes good. A combination of green zucchini and orange carrots is a delightful medley of colours. Use a dressing of your choice. Can mix yellow zucchini too. A healthy accompaniment to any of the main dishes you prepare.
ZUCCHINI CARROT SALAD
1 big zucchini or 2 small ones
1 cup shredded carrot
½ tsp salt
¼ cup of finely chopped fresh coriander or mint
¼ tsp minced garlic
¼ cup finely chopped white or red onion
¼ cup mayonnaise or thick yogurt
½ tsp mustard powder
pinch of red chilli powder
½ tsp sugar
- Wash the zucchini. Cut it into thick long slices. Then cut each slice into thin long strips.
- Wash and peel a carrot. Shred it to get about a cup.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, salt, mustard powder, sugar and chilli powder to the mayonnaise or thick yogurt. Mix well.
- To serve, add the dressing to the vegetables. Mix well. Garnish with chopped mint or coriander and serve.
- Use greek yogurt if available. If not, then take about ½ cup yogurt and put it in a cloth covered sieve. Let the water drain out to get some thick yogurt.
- Add thin strips of a small green pepper if you like.
- Use green chilli chopped instead of red chilli powder.
- Can cut carrots too into long thin strips if you like. I find that task a bit difficult when carrots are fresh and crunchy.
|beetroot orange salad|