The distance between Palatka and Mombasa cannot be travelled in a day. So Arti and Kamaleshkumar, though we missed the surprise party, we too celebrated your 25th anniversary in our own style. A special treat for a special occasion….. plum tart. We had it with a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream. Warm tart and cold ice cream, just perfect to waken all the taste buds. Heni for you, my first dessert recipe from me. Try it out and enjoy.
I got 6 pieces from this recipe.
Oven temperature : 200°C
300g puff pastry
12 medium size plums
2 tbsps melted butter
3 tbsps sugar
1 tbsp milk
3 tbsps almond flakes
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Remove the skin from the plums. Slice the plums thinly.
- Roll out the puff pastry approximately 12 by 10 inches. Cut into 6 pieces.
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet. Brush the top of each pastry with milk.
- Arrange the plum slices onto the pastry.
- Drizzle the melted butter over each pastry. Sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Bake the pastry for 15 to 20 minutes till the edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the almond flakes on it.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- If plums are not in season try using peaches, apricots, mangoes, pineapple, apples.
- Can serve with fresh whipped cream or hot custard. If serving with fresh cream, add a bit of powdered sugar to the cream before whipping it.
January 24, 2012 at 9:52 am
ooooh mummy!!! this looks yummy!!!!!