700. Cauliflower and Chickpea soup
If you browse through the internet, you will be inundated with recipes with cauliflower as the main ingredient especially if one is trying to follow a vegan or paleo diet. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza base, cauliflower tortillas etc etc etc. Besides cauliflower rice, I’ve yet to try my hands on the other recipes.
Protein sources in this recipe are cauliflower, chickpea, potato, milk.
By no means am I claiming or supporting any sort of fad diet that are the latest craze in the fitness world. I’m just trying to include non meat non fish dishes from which you can get your protein source.
CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA SOUP
2 cups (approx.250g) cauliflower florets
2 medium potatoes , peeled and diced
4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1 cup milk or cream
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup boiled chickpeas
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp zaatar or dried herb of your choice
½ tsp coarse pepper powder
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes and salt.
- Mix well. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the vegetables cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable broth and mix.
- Cover the saucepan again and let the vegetables cook till done.
- Cool the mixture a bit.
- Put the mixture in a blender and process it to a smooth consistency.
- Strain the soup through a sieve and put it back into the saucepan.
- Add milk or cream and heat the soup over medium heat.
- In another small saucepan, heat 1 tsp olive oil
- Add chili powder and the chickpeas. Sprinkle salt over it if its not cooked in salted water.
- Mix it well.
- Spoon the soup into serving bowls.
- Top it with the curried chickpeas, dividing it equally.
- Sprinkle coarse pepper powder and zaatar or a herb of your choice.
- Serve with our favorite bread.
- I used milk but if you like a creamier soup then use cream.
- If you don’t like thick soup, add more water to bring it to a consistency you like.
- Add cheese if you want to.
Day 1 – Mixed Dal Paddu
Day 3 – Moong and Spinach Muthia
Day 4 – Paneer and Naan Bites
Day 5 – Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Day 6 – Nectarine and French Bean Quinoa Salad
Day 7 – Tofu Wraps
Day 8 – Sai Bhaji
Day 9 – Veg Protein Burrito Bowl
Day 10 – Palak Pakodi Chaat
Day 11 – Phyllo Cheesecake Cups
Day 12 – Garlicky Broccoli Quinoa
Day 13 – Quinoa Lapsi
Day 14 – Caprese Stuffed Portobello
Day 15 – Lentil and Carrot Kebabs
Check out what other Mega Blogging Marathoners have made for Day 17:
Sending this recipe to the following event:
September 20, 2017 at 4:40 pm
The soup looks beautiful , love the colourful garnish and its creamy texture.
Sharmila- The Happie Friends Potpourri corner
September 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Just a bowl of this soup and some fried bread pieces i can live for days..Lovely share..
September 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm
I love creamy cauliflower soup and the addition of chickpeas makes it even more protein packed dish. Love ❤️ the serving bowl.
September 20, 2017 at 7:17 pm
I am a soup fan and this one looks fantastic! Bookmarking it to try later. Very pretty clicks and cute serveware too!
September 21, 2017 at 6:56 am
Wow that's one creamy soup you got there!..I am sure this makes a filling meal..
September 21, 2017 at 10:47 am
oh we love cauliflower soup – this addition of curried chickpeas is so unusual and yummy !bookmarked
September 21, 2017 at 1:10 pm
I agree about cauliflower based recipes. 🙂 Cauliflower and chickpeas is an unique combo. Love that creamy rich soup.
September 22, 2017 at 5:01 am
Being on paleo, I know how important cauliflower is to us. This creamy soup looks absolutely yum. Love the addition of chickpeas.
September 22, 2017 at 6:49 am
I do agree overcooked veggies are awful. As for the soup I need to try this soup. Never tried this combo.
September 23, 2017 at 7:48 am
Such a hearty and healthy filling soup, simply love the addition of chickpeas. Creamy cauliflower soup looks very pleasant and inviting.
October 4, 2017 at 3:26 pm
IF I have overcooked vegetables I also convert it into soups. Nice creamy soup. Friend for the dieters.
January 18, 2019 at 1:09 pm
This is a nice winter recipe and liked the addition of chick pea to it. Looks so yumm.
January 18, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Thank you so much Jayashree. Addition of chickpeas makes it wholesome and filling.
Collection Of 21 Best Vegetarian Soup Recipes – THEYELLOWDAAL
February 8, 2021 at 6:17 pm
[…] Cauliflower and Chickpea soup […]