709. Besan Nankhatai (Chickpea Flour Cookies)
MEGA BLOGGING MARATHON -SEPT 2017
#80TH BLOGGING MARATHON
Protein sources in this recipe are chickpea flour(besan), ghee (clarified butter), almonds
By no means am I claiming or supporting any sort of fad diet that are the latest craze in the fitness world. I’m just trying to include non meat non fish dishes from which you can get your protein source.
BESAN NANAKHATAI ( CHICKPEA FLOUR COOKIES)
Makes 18-20 cookies
1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lightly grease it.
- Sieve flour, almond powder, cardamom and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Put sugar and ghee in another bowl and whisk it till it becomes soft and creamy.
- Add yogurt and whisk.
- Add the flour mixture and bring it together to form a dough.
- Take about a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Press it gently between your palms.
- Top it with a pistachio slice.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with the remaining dough. You’ll get about 18-20 nankhatai.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till the edges appear light brown.
- Take the baking tray out, let the nankhatai cool on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Remove them and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store nankhatai in an airtight jar.
- If the dough is too soft, then put it in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
- Cookies will be soft when you take them out of the oven but will crunchy on cooling.
- I used less ghee, the original recipe recommended ½ cup.
Day 3 – Moong and Spinach Muthia
Day 4 – Paneer and Naan Bites
Day 5 – Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Day 6 – Nectarine and French Bean Quinoa Salad
Day 7 – Tofu Wraps
Day 8 – Sai Bhaji
Day 9 – Veg Protein Burrito Bowl
Day 10 – Palak Pakodi Chaat
Day 11 – Phyllo Cheesecake Cups
Day 12 – Garlicky Broccoli Quinoa
Day 13 – Quinoa Lapsi
Day 14 – Caprese Stuffed Portobello
Day 15 – Lentil and Carrot Kebabs
Day 16 – Bean and Veggie Pot Pies
Check out what other Mega Blogging Marathoners have made for Day 26:
Sending this recipe to the following event: