619. Eggless Zucchini Bread Muffins
Guest No.4 on the Blog
When Mayuri mami asked us to prepare a recipe for her blog, I was kind of stumped as to where to start. After browsing through many ideas, I finally decided on baking something sweet. As she has mentioned many times in her blog, our family has quite a sweet tooth.And if I may say so, she’s partly the reason behind it. If I remember correctly, most if not all of my summer vacations were spent in Mombasa with mami and rest of the family.Mami would spend hours in the kitchen whipping up dishes and still would have the energy to take all 5 of us cousins to the beach almost every single day. I would always look forward to her desserts most of all. Now that the family is literally spread all across the world, those memories are very precious to me as we hardly get to see one another. After moving away from home, her blog has tremendously helped me when it comes to cooking. I don’t have to call mom anymore when it comes to recipes. Even when I do call mom, her response usually is “why don’t you check on Mayuri’s jikoni”.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt) in a larger mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the grated zucchini, carrots, and chopped walnuts.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners or grease the tray with butter.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to fill the liners about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
Tip: I did not squeeze out the excess water from the zucchini as this adds moisture to the muffins.
|Tangy creamy potato curry|
|baked bread pudding|
|gluten free pizza base