221. cornflakes cranberry cookies
sharing is caring
I baked a lot of cookies for my nephew Vishal’s wedding in Dec and for my relatives. Besides some of the cookies I have already blogged, I made a huge batch of cornflakes cranberry cookies. Most of the guests loved the cookies and some even wanted to hide the cookie jars so they didn’t have to share them. When one is having fun and meeting up with friends and relatives after a long time, food tends to disappear fast. The cookies vanished in a couple of days. I love the crunchy texture of the cookies and the sweet sour taste of dried cranberries.
Check out ONLY BAKES for exciting bakes
CORNFLAKES CRANBERRY COOKIES
Makes approx. 40- 50 cookies
1 cup(200g) butter
¾ or ⅔ cup sugar
1 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
1 cup wholewheat flour
2 cups cornflakes
1 cup of chopped dried cranberries (or mixture of cherries, cranberries, blueberries)
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the baking trays lightly with butter.
- Sieve flour with the baking powder into a bowl.
- Crush the cornflakes lightly and add to the flour.
- Add the chopped cranberries to the flour and mix well.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk and whisk for a few minutes more.
- Add the flour mixture and mix the batter well.
- Take about a tablespoonful of the batter and roll it into a ball. Place on the greased tray and lightly press it with a fork or your fingers.
- Repeat step 8 with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes till the cookies become light golden brown.
- Leave on the tray for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove with a spatula and let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight jar or container.
- Use blueberries or raisins or a mixture of all three instead of cranberries.
- Use any cereal like bran flakes, rice crispies etc instead of cornflakes. If you are using rice crispies, do not crush it up.
- Number of cookies will depend on the size of the rolled balls.