214. double chocolate brownie cookies
I love going through food blogs of other bloggers. Some have amazing photos and some urge me to try out the recipes. One of my favourite blogs is what megan’s making.com. Her bread, dessert and cookie recipes are nice, easy to follow and look yummy. My daughter Namrata is a chocoholic and I decided to try out Megan’s double chocolate brownie bites. We loved the cookies and they are different from the cookies I have blogged so far as the texture is between a cookie and a brownie. I made slight changes to the original recipe to suit our needs. I did not roll them in sugar as I didn’t want sweet cookies. I love the cracked effect on top of the cookies. Thank you Megan for sharing the recipe with us.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
makes about 30
1½ cups plain flour (all purpose flour)
¼ cup cocoa powder
¾ tsp soda bicarbonate (baking soda)
½ cup butter (approx 110g)
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup honey
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp orange zest or vanilla extract
½ cup granulated sugar for coating (optional)
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda together into a bowl. Add the chocolate chips to it and mix well.
- In another bowl cream brown sugar, butter and honey together till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the orange zest or extract and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix it well.
- Gather up the dough and place it on a cling film.
- Wrap it up and let it sit in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Take a tablespoonful of the dough, roll it up and then roll it in the granulated sugar if using any. Flatten it slightly between your palms.
- Place the rolled dough onto a greased tray.
- Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the rolled dough an inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Leave the cookies on the tray till they become slightly cool.
- Remove the cookies and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Can make the cookies bigger if you like.
- Add extra amount of chocolate chips.
- If the dough becomes too soft to roll, just put it in the freezer section for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough in chocolate sprinkle instead of sugar.