169. banana fig apricot smoothie
Healthy and filling
A few dry figs (anjeer) along with some dry apricots (alu, khubani) and a banana. Now that’s a lot of fiber and anti oxidants all served in a glass along with calcium and potassium. What am I talking about? It’s a smoothie. If constipation is a problem, have this smoothie as its full of fiber. It’s also a good start to the day when you have to fast. Good for patients recovering from an illness as it provides a lot of energy and vital nutrients.
BANANA FIG APRICOT SMOOTHIE
1 frozen banana
6 dried figs
8 dried apricots
10 to 12 almonds
2 cups chilled milk
½ cup water
- Wash the figs and apricots to remove any grit.
- Soak the figs and apricots in water overnight.
- Remove the seed (stone) from the apricots.
- Cut apricots, figs and almonds into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender along with the water and liquidize.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
- Add crushed ice if you don’t have a frozen banana. Use normal banana instead.
- Replace the banana with mango or chikoo (sapota, sapodilla).
- Add dates if you like.
- I sometimes add 2 tbsp of oats to make it into a wholesome breakfast.
|blueberries and grapes smoothie|