737. Chocolate Coated Strawberries
A Belated Happy New Year
A belated wish is better than none, so a belated Happy New Year to all my friends, family and followers. I’ve been on a no blogging much required vacation. Sometimes its truly relaxing just to turn your mind off from blogging and any blogging related activity.
Hubby and I were supposed to spend Christmas and New Year with my son, daughter in law and her parents. We were on our way to Bali when we received a message from my son that Elodie my daughter in law had met with a motorbike accident. The remaining 4 hours of flight were stressful as we had no idea what had exactly happened. On landing at Denpasar, Bali, we had to head straight to the hospital. After tests, scans and whatever procedures were required, she underwent five hours of surgery. Her jaw was fractured into 5 pieces which the surgeon had to put together without damaging her nerves. However, looking on the bright side we got to spend a lot of quality time with them and her parents. Overall it turned out to be a much needed relaxing holiday. Elodie is recovery well but feel bad for her as she’s still on a liquid diet as her jaws are wired up. She’s a very strong woman and takes everything in a positive way.
I was not planning to participate in the 128th theme for FoodieMonday/Bloghop. The theme chosen by Amrita of The Food Samaritan is 3 Ingredient Recipe. However, the foodie in me just emerged and the urge to use the wonderful strawberries that are available everywhere in Mumbai was just too tempting. Every time a vendor with the tokri full of strawberries passed by, I kept on thinking what to make. Finally I settled for chocolate coated strawberries. Having access to my sister in law’s kitchen was an added advantage. But I nearly gave up on the idea as while walking on Juhu beach I injured my right toe. Hubby dear volunteered to shop for me. So ultimately the ultra easy recipe materialized.
Before I go into the simple and yet an absolute treat, please take some time to check out the new look Amrita has created for her blog.
CHOCOLATE COATED STRAWBERRIES
16-20 fresh ripe strawberries
1 cup (approx. 150g) dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and dry the strawberries. If the strawberries remain wet, they will not get coated with the chocolate.
- Put the chocolate chips in a small heatproof bowl. The bowl should sit into a pan without touching the bottom.
- Heat some water in the pan.
- Put the bowl with chocolate over the hot water.
- Stir the chocolate over the hot water till it melts.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a plate with parchment paper or grease it with some coconut oil.
- Holding the strawberry by the green leaves and stem, dip it in the melted chocolate.
- Put it on the prepared plate.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 with the remaining strawberries.
- Put the strawberries in the fridge to set.
- You can replace the coconut oil with butter or vegetable shortening.
- Decorate the chocolate dipped strawberries with chopped nuts, sprinkles or drizzle with white chocolate. I didn’t decorate it as I had to use only 3 ingredients for this theme.
- Replace the strawberries with other fruits of your choice.
|mini pancake stacks
Sending this recipe to the following event: