Chilli Garlic Pasta
Recipe: Chilli Garlic Pasta
Chilli Garlic Pasta is an easy, quick and flavourful pasta dish that comes together within 10-12 minutes. While the pasta is boiling, get the green chilli, garlic and olive oil base ready. This is my go to dish when I don’t want to spend too much time cooking, need a meal in front of the telly or for those lazy days when I don’t want to cook elaborate meals.
This recipe first came alive in my kitchen one extremely lazy Sunday evening. Didn’t want to get dressed and go out for a meal. Back then who had heard of home deliveries. Suggestions were thrown around … cereal, toast and tea, popcorn, no meal, etc. Hubby suggested pasta. I was in no mood to make the sauce as back then we didn’t get ready made pasta sauce.
Some More Pasta Dishes You May Like
Sharing This Recipe With Foodies_ Redoing Old Posts
This group allows participants to redo old posts. This time got round to making my really old post, Chilli Garlic Pasta. Unfortunately, I was not able to take too many photos so am stuck with the 3 that I will share today. Hoping, next time I remember to take some more but taking photos of food at night is not the most ideal. I prefer to take the shots in natural light. Luckily, I am blessed with lots of natural light in my apartment.
First published this recipe on 30/04/2013. Republishing on 15/07/2023
Ingredients Required For Chilli Garlic Pasta
Pasta – use any shape or type. Boil the pasta in enough water according to instructions on the package.
Salt – need salt to add to the boiling water for pasta. Also need a bit more to add to the final preparation. Use any salt of your preference.
Black Pepper Powder – fine or coarse. Add according to your taste.
Green Chillis – add according to your taste. Slice them into thin rings or chop finely.
Garlic – peel and slice the garlic.
Water – enough water to boil the pasta.
Olive Oil – use good quality olive oil.
Dried Herbs – any of your choice. I like to use parsley for this one or mixed Italian herbs.
CHILLI GARLIC PASTA
- 1½ cups pasta any type
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 - 4 green chillis
- 4 cups water
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse pepper powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley or any other herb
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a deep saucepan. When it begins to boil add the pasta and salt.
- Cook the pasta till just done (al dente). Usually the cooking time is indicated on the packet. Don't forget to stir it occasionally otherwise the pasta may stick to the bottom.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the chillis into rings. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Take a wide pan and heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When it is slightly hot, add the chillis and garlic. Stir fry till the garlic begins to turn light pink.
- When the pasta is done, drain it out into a colander.
- Add the pasta, dried parsley, pepper and salt. Mix well and let it become a bit hot. Make sure you keep on mixing it to avoid the pasta from getting burnt.
- Serve immediately.
- If you love chillis, add more.
- Add more olive oil if you want to.
- Add sweet corn, olives if you like.
- If you are packing it for lunch or as travel food, add a bit more oil so that the pasta does not taste dry.
Pin For Later:
A Little Request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
add a comment below,
send a picture to my email email@example.com
tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962