Tropical Pasta Salad
Tropical Pasta Salad
Tropical Pasta Salad is a colourful, refreshing, filling and different. The stars of this delicious salad besides the pasta are ripe mango, avocado and fresh pineapple. Easy to put together, this tropical pasta salad is perfect as a summer time light meal, for potluck parties and for picnics. Tastes really good with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. However, add any dressing you like.
Sharing This Recipe With Sunday Funday Group
I like how this group members come up with different themes every Sunday. For this Sunday, Sue suggested we make a salad using pasta or noodles. Perfect theme as for the past few days the temperatures have soared to 18°C -20°C. Ideal weather for picnics and light lunches.
Let’s Check What Kind Of Pasta/Noodle Salads The Others Have Made:
Sneha’s Recipe: Vegan Italian Pasta Salad With Basil Dressing
Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Caprese Pasta Salad
A Day in the Life on the Farm: Couscous Salad
Palatable Pastime: Pineapple and Butternut Macaroni Salad
Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Chinese Egg Noodle Salad with Pork
Mayuri’s Jikoni: Tropical Pasta Salad
Cook with Renu: Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad
Some More Pasta | Noodle Salads On My Blog:
Some Ideas For Picnic Or Potluck
Ingredients Required For Tropical Pasta Salad
Avocado – One small or medium one, peel and cut into cubes.
Pineapple – fresh pineapple tastes better but can use tinned one if you want to. Cut into bite size pieces.
Mango – peel and chop into bite size pieces.
Pasta – boiled. Use any type of pasta, spiral, bow tie, macaroni, shell, etc.
Cucumber – one medium one. I like to use English or Persian Cucumber because they are more juicer and don’t need to be peeled.
Onion – need a small amount, cut into thin slices. I prefer using the red one, but you can use any of your preference.
Sweet Corn – boiled or use canned one.
Fresh Coriander/ Cilantro – chopped.
Fresh Mint – chopped.
Carrot – peeled and chopped. Dice, slice, grate or cut into thin sticks.
Olive Oil – for the salad dressing.
Lemon Juice – for the salad dressing. Use freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice. If you use the Indian lemon then use less as they tend to be very tangy.
Black Poppy Seeds – for the dressing. If you don’t get any then omit.
Salt – add to the dressing according to your taste.
Maple Syrup | Honey – use either. For a vegan salad don’t use honey.
Split Mustard – if you don’t have that then use Dijon Mustard or any mustard paste of your choice.
Watch How To Make Tropical Pasta Salad & Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
TROPICAL PASTA SALAD & LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING
FOR THE TROPICAL PASTA SALAD
- 2 cups pasta cooked
- 1 small avocado chopped
- 1 cup mango chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 medium cucumber cut into cubes
- ¼ cup onion diced or sliced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander/cilantro chopped
- 1 medium carrot sliced, diced or sticks
- ½ cup sweet corn cooked
- 8-10 mint leaves
FOR THE LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard seed powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp black poppy seeds
PREPARATION OF TROPICAL PASTA SALAD
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet or use leftover pasta.
- Prepare all the vegetables, fruits and herbs.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
PREPARATION OF LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar and give it a good shake.
- Alternately whisk all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
HOW TO SERVE TROPICAL PASTA SALAD
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix or toss and serve.
- Enough for two as a light meal. Serves 4 as a side dish.
- Use any salad dressing of your choice.
- The amount of ingredients for the salad are just for guidance. Add more or less of any of the ingredients.
- Add other fruits of your choice.
- Add salad leaves if you want to.
- 1 cup of raw pasta roughly gives 2 cups of cooked pasta.
- Replace maple syrup with honey.
Pin For Later:
A Little Request:
- If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email email@example.com
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962
May 21, 2023 at 9:39 am
This would be the perfect side with Huli Huli Chicken. YUM
May 22, 2023 at 4:23 pm
And know I’ll have to find out what Huli Huli chicken is 🙂 Enjoy
May 22, 2023 at 11:59 am
I was a bit doubtful to try this recipe as it has a combination of fruits, veggies, and pasta, but this came out so good. This would be now one of my go-to recipes for upcoming summer parties.
May 22, 2023 at 4:20 pm
Thank you so much Renu for giving this delicious salad a try. I know many wonder how it would taste with all that fruit but it is refreshing mixture of flavours.
May 30, 2023 at 11:39 pm
That’s a delicious and colorful salad.. yum!
June 6, 2023 at 4:41 pm
Thank you so much Sneha.