BananaMango Smoothie Bowl
EVENT: FOODIES_ REDOING OLD POSTS #50
RECIPE: BANANA MANGO SMOOTHIE BOWL
Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl
A filling, healthy and delicious breakfast is what Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl provides. Easy to make and a versatile recipe as one can replace the ingredients with what one prefers.
What is a Smoothie?
A smoothie is as the name suggests a smooth thick drink usually made from fresh fruit/ vegetables with milk, water or ice cream. Smoothie is much thicker than a milkshake. One can find flavored milkshakes that may or may not be made with fresh fruits.
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
While smoothies, though thick can be sipped, smoothies in a smoothie bowl are much thicker and one needs a spoon to enjoy it. Its usually made thick with addition of nuts, oats, cereals, flours, etc.
Here’s a rough guideline as to what you can use to make a healthy smoothie/smoothie bowl:
Liquids can be milk, soy milk, almond or cashew nut milk, yogurt.
Fruits or/both vegetables of your choice.
Good fat – peanut or other nut butters, coconut oil, avocado.
Thickener – yogurt, chia seeds, oats, banana, avocado, mango, roasted flours, cereals, etc.
Protein – milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder, nut butters
Topping – chopped fruits, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, spices, dried fruits, cereals, crumbled cookies
Healthy start to the day
Many of us cannot begin the day without breakfast. Some don’t have breakfast at all while some just need their daily mug of coffee or tea. I cannot skip breakfast especially when I am not fasting. Hubby enjoys hot oats topped with fruits and nuts in the mornings while I cannot have that especially when its hot. So my usual breakfast is a cold smoothie. I personally love variety where my daily food is concerned. Therefore, I try and make different smoothies depending on what seasonal fruits are available. Generally, people use frozen fruits but I like to use fresh fruits whenever possible. What you will find in my freezer is chopped over ripe bananas that go into the smoothie.
Some Smoothies that are my favourite
Video Recipe: TREE TOMATO SMOOTHIE
Please Subscribe to my channel, thank you so much.
Shhh Cooking Secretly Group
This group is where a monthly theme is decided and participants are paired up. They give each other two secret ingredients according to the theme which must be used in the dish we make. This month my partner is Priya who blogs at Priya’s Menu. She requested I use banana and peanut butter. Carrot and walnuts is what I asked Priya to use and she came up with a delicious Carrot Walnut Smoothie topped with caramelized walnuts.
THE GROUP FOODIES _ REDOING OLD POSTS
The Group Foodies_Redoing Old Posts, started by Renu helps the members to make an effort to update old posts. This group has helped me so far to focus on posts that need redoing. We’re reached the 50th re-doing post milestone. Renu suggested celebrating with something sweet or healthy. I’ve decided to go the healthy way but naturally sweet with this Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl.
Updated on 14/05/2021. First Published on 01/05/2016
Ingredients required for Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Banana – ripe, peeled and chopped
- Ripe Mango – peeled and chopped
- Peanut Butter – can use smooth or crunchy. I’ve used sugar free homemade peanut butter.
- Oats – I’ve used quick oats
- Milk – use any milk of your choice.
- Fresh Fruit – chopped fresh fruit of your choice. I used papaya, pears and mango.
- Dried fruit – any of your choice.(optional)
- Nuts – chopped, any of your choice. I’ve used walnuts
- Chia Seeds – or any other seeds of your choice
- Spice Powder – any of your choice. I have used cardamom powder.
- Gluten Free
- For Vegan version replace dairy milk with a nut or soy milk.
- Vegetarian friendly breakfast
BANANA MANGO SMOOTHIE BOWL
For the Smoothie:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp oats
- ½ cup mango peeled and diced
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
For the Topping :
- ½ cup fruit of your choice chopped
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dried fruit
- Peel and chop the banana and add into a blender.
- Add peanut butter, mango, milk, oats and cardamom powder.
- Blend the mixture till it becomes smooth.
- Spoon out the smoothie into two bowls.
- If you prefer, at this stage can chill it for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped fruit, dried fruit, chopped nuts and chia seeds before serving.
- Can use frozen fruits for a quick chilled smoothie.
- Used chopped fruits, dried fruits and nuts of your choice.
- Use any dairy milk, nut milk or yogurt.
Pin for Later:
A little request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962