Banana Peanut Butter & Oats Smoothie
RECIPE: BANANA PEANUT BUTTER & OATS SMOOTHIE
Banana Peanut Butter & Oats Smoothie is a deliciously, thick, filling and nutritious smoothie to enjoy as breakfast or as a snack. I like to add salted peanut butter as gives the smoothie a unique taste, a balance of sweetness from the banana and sweetener and saltiness from the peanut butter.
As I mentioned In the Day 1 post for healthy drinks for kids, I want to refrain from using artificial flavors, additives and colors. And today to the list, I add harmful fats like hydrogenated vegetable fats. These are found in baked goods, restaurant foods, sold as margarine, etc. It finds its way into ready made products like peanut butter, and other nut and chocolate spreads.
Why should kids have peanut butter included in their diet:
Peanut butter in moderation is good for health. Making peanut butter at home is so easy. Roasted peanuts are processed in a food processor till it becomes a smooth paste. Its that simple. Sometimes a bit of sunflower oil or olive oil to help quicken the process. If you don’t have time to make peanut butter at home, best to buy the organic one.
- Its rich in protein.
- Has good fat.
- Keeps one full for a longer period of time.
- Good for healthy muscles and nerves as its rich in magnesium.
- Rich in Vitamin B6 which builds up immunity.
Why should kids have oats:
- Good source of carbs and dietary fiber
- Controls blood sugar, therefore making one feel full for a longer period of time
- Its rich in protein
- Good for the bones
Serve a bowl of oats to kids and they will make a fuss. Serve it added to other foods like muffins, cookies, parathas, etc and they will eat it happily. A good healthy and filling way to serve oats without the kids realizing is in smoothies. A no fuss and quick recipe.
Other Smoothie Recipes You May Want to Check Out:
- My collection of smoothie recipes are on my Instagram. Please check out the variety of smoothies, saved as Smoothies.
- Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter and Oats Smoothie
- Strawberry Finger Millet Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
Ingredients Required For Banana Peanut Butter & Oats Smoothie
- Ripe Bananas – peeled and cut into chunks
- Peanut Butter – either smooth or crunchy.
- Milk – dairy milk or any milk that your child consumes.
- Oats –
- Chocolate Chips – if you don’t have any, add chopped or grated chocolate
- Sweetener – honey, maple syrup, jaggery or coconut sugar.
Pin For Later:
BANANA PEANUT BUTTER & OATS SMOOTHIE
- 2 bananas peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter homemade or organic
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- a few dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp honey maple syrup or jaggery (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender.
- Blend till you get a smooth thick liquid.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Add chocolate chips and serve.
- Use homemade peanut or any nut butter.
- Add a fruit of your choice. Can use a mixture like banana and apples.
- Add flavoring of your choice like cinnamon.
Pin For Later:
Fellow Bloggers please add your kid’s friendly healthy drinks here.
Sharing this recipe to the following events: