Snap Peas and Avocado Salad
EVENT: SUNDAY FUNDAY
THEME: STAY HEALTHY WITH SALADS
RECIPE: SNAP PEAS AND AVOCADO SALAD
Snap Peas and Avocado Salad is a healthy, filling and simply delicious salad. Its got the crunch, the crispiness, tanginess and above all it is nutritious.
For Snap Peas and Avocado Salad I’ve sautéed the snap peas in a bit of olive oil and garlic paste. After it cooled down added avocado, mint, feta, salt, pepper and lemon. This is one salad that doesn’t really require a dressing. However, if you want to add a dressing, you can use a creamy Italian Salad Dressing, a Yogurt Dressing. Trust me, it tastes awesome without any dressing.
Salads As An Accompaniment Or A Light Meal
I enjoy salads and have them practically every day. During the Covid time, not being able to go our for walks and generally be active, hubby and I have put on weight. While walking several rounds around the dining table works for hubby, it really did not work for me.. it is too boring! However, now that the cases are down, I make an effort to go down and walk around our block of apartments. Besides that, as we tend to have a heavy lunch, we now have salads for dinner.
Therefore the salads have to be filling, different and exciting too. Usually, I make them colorful or use unusual ingredients so that hubby doesn’t mind having them. As such I don’t usually follow a fixed recipe for salads. Many a times, it all depends on the ingredients I get from the shop. But that is what I love about salads, the versatility.
Some Salads Recipes You May Want to Check Out:
- Rainbow Salad Bowl – a filling and healthy medley of vegetables and chickpeas.
- Baked Falafel Salad Bowl – avocado and baked falafel make this salad a meal on its own.
- Burrito Bowl Salad – quinoa, avocado, beans with a few tortilla chips makes this a delicious light meal.
- Veg Protein Burrito Bowl – a filling salad with brown rice, chickpeas and lime yogurt.
- Greek Salad/ Horiatiki – any excuse to have feta cheese.
- Mediterranean Pearl Couscous Salad – pearl couscous makes this salad not only filling but yummy too.
- Moroccan Couscous Salad – with homemade seven spice mixture, chickpeas and cranberries, this salad is a must try.
- Crunchy Winter Salad – enjoy it warm during winter or cold during summer, filled with roasted buckwheat and sprouted moong.
- Watermelon and Halloumi Salad – so easy to make and superb.
- Summer Salad – a salad bursting with flavours from dragon fruit, semi ripe mango, pomelo and onion.
Sunday Funday is a group of Food Bloggers who every Sunday share some fun, traditional, hearty or easy recipes to make Sunday Family Meals a bit more exciting. To join this fun group, visit the Sunday Funday Facebook Page. Request to join in. This Sunday the theme is STAY HEALTHY WITH SALADS suggested by SNEHA.
Check Out The Salads That Fellow Members of Sunday Funday Have Made:
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Mandarin Orange Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Golden Apple & Potato Salad from Sneha’s Recipe
- Irish Cheddar Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Japanese Potato Salad from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad from Cook With Renu
- Red Cabbage, Apple, Mandarin Salad from Food Lust People Love
- Snap Peas and Avocado Salad from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Sesame Chicken Salad from Making Miracles
- Super Nacho Taco Salad from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Ingredients Required For Snap Peas And Avocado Salad:
- Snap Peas – also known as sugar snap peas, mangetout, snow peas.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic – peeled and minced
- Avocado – peeled and sliced or cubed
- Cucumber – sliced
- Fresh Mint Leaves – can add fresh basil leaves or any fresh herb of your choice.
- Feta – crumbled or cubed
- Pine Nuts – roast them lightly on a wide pan. Can replace them with other nuts of your choice.
- Salt – add according to your taste and any salt of your choice. I’ve used Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Pepper – freshly crushed
- Lemon Juice – fresh lemon juice
- Lemon Zest
Pin For Later:
SNAP PEAS AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 250 g snap peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 small avocado
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts roasted
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 100 g feta crumbled or cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Wash and pat dry the snap peas. Cut off both ends and chop up the peas into half.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a wide pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the snap peas. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Take the pan off the heat. Cover the pan. The heat will further cook the snap peas.
- After about 2-3 minutes remove the lid. The snap peas should be crunchy and not over cooked at all.
- Peel and slice the avocado. Add to the snap peas.
- Slice the cucumber and add to the snap peas mixture.
- Add the roasted pine nuts, feta, mint leaves, salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Toss the salad gently.
- Serve on its own or with pita chips.
- Can add salad leaves, baby spinach if you like.
- Remember feta is salty so add salt accordingly.
- Add a dressing of your choice if you want to.
- Add any fresh herbs of your choice like basil, dill, oregano, etc.
Pin For Later:
A little request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962
March 7, 2021 at 4:03 pm
I love avocado and the addition of snap peas in this salad, yum!!
March 7, 2021 at 4:50 pm
March 7, 2021 at 5:41 pm
That is a wonderful combination of salad with snap-peas and avocado. I like that it is sauteed in garlic and without any dressing, something simple and easy to make.
March 7, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Thank you so much Renu. The garlic adds so much flavor.
Irish Cheddar Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad
March 7, 2021 at 5:55 pm
[…] Snap Peas and Avocado Salad from Mayuri’s Jikoni […]
Colleen – Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
March 7, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Alright, so now I totally want this salad! As soon as my mint plant starts growing, I am definitely going to make this!
March 7, 2021 at 8:13 pm
Thank you so much Colleen, you can always replace the mint with fresh basil or any other herb.
March 7, 2021 at 6:12 pm
I don’t have a wee bit of Irish in me but I still love to celebrated St. Pat’s Day and this salad, with all it’s shades of green, will be a perfect first course. Thanks
March 7, 2021 at 8:12 pm
Thank you so much Wendy, I never thought of St. Patrick’s Day, but you’re so right, perfect for the occasion.
Rebekah R Hills
March 7, 2021 at 9:46 pm
Oh I love the fresh snap of a good sugar snap pea – and the creaminess of the avocado? That bright green plate screams spring!
March 8, 2021 at 3:22 am
I luuuurve all of the green! This salad is such a beauty! Snap peas are a favorite too.
March 8, 2021 at 7:54 pm
Thank you so much Karen.
Super duper kitchen
March 9, 2021 at 3:40 pm
As the summer is already set in my place, salads and juices are something we crave for. This green salad with snap peas and avacado looks filling. I loved the simple dressing without much ado and also the addition of pine nuts for that crunchiness.
March 23, 2021 at 9:40 pm
Thank you so much Niranjana. I love the flavour that pine nuts add to a salad.
March 9, 2021 at 5:07 pm
Loved this simple salad recipe, it has a cool refreshing summery vibe.. perfect for hot summer days when one wants something light quick and filling without spending any time in kitchen..
March 9, 2021 at 6:31 pm
Thank you so much Swaty and that is so true, its a quick and easy salad and filling too.
March 17, 2021 at 8:37 pm
I have always loved variety of Vegetarian salad recipes. And this recipe of your is looking so delicious with snappeas and avocado. I find this combination so unique and tasty. Addition of feta, mint and lemon… It must have tastes heavenly.
March 17, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Thank you so much Lata. It tastes really good as its got many flavours playing together.
Hem lata srivastava
March 9, 2021 at 8:26 pm
The salad looks fresh and healthy. The combination makes it more delicious, would love to try it once I get the snap peas.
March 10, 2021 at 9:34 am
Thank you so much Hem Lata.
March 13, 2021 at 3:33 am
Such a healthy and refreshing salad. The colors and textures looks like spring on the plate – so perfect for the season.
March 13, 2021 at 7:36 pm
Thank you so much Pavani.
March 14, 2021 at 8:08 am
I love this the instant I saw this recipe on your blog. I send it to a friend who is doing a diet of low carb as well. I will wait till spring for the snap peas to make this but surely a winner recipe.
March 15, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Thank you so much Seema.
Bless my food by Payal
March 18, 2021 at 10:45 am
These days I have become more a salad person so always look forward to new and interesting recipes. Glad to know that I am stepped into a right platform. I really wanna grab this entire bowl of salad. Hope you don’t mind it….lol
March 18, 2021 at 9:24 pm
Thank you so much Shailender. Go ahead and grab it. Hubby and I too are trying to enjoy more wholesome salads as a meal.
March 18, 2021 at 6:11 pm
This is such a great idea for side. Love the vibrant green salad and it has such simple flavors and loaded with nutrients. We love avocado and snap peas and this is a must try recipe.
March 18, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Thank you so much Sandhya. It sure makes a great side dish.
March 20, 2021 at 8:10 am
This snap pea and avocado salad sounds delightful . I love the garlic flavor and crunch in it. The recipe too simple and fuss free.
March 20, 2021 at 6:27 pm
Thank you so much Poonam, yes its totally fuss free and filling too.
March 20, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Snap peas and avocado salad looks very refreshing mayuriji! Love the freshness and brilliant color of the salad ! simple, flavorsome and gorgeous looking dish!
March 20, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Thank you so much Priya.
March 26, 2021 at 6:20 am
Bright and cheerful snappea avocado salad . You have presented health quotient so beautifully that anyone would turn into a salad lover .
March 26, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Thank you so much Priya. Love healthy and colorful salads.
March 26, 2021 at 6:13 pm
The snap peas and avocado salad has my name written all over it! It is so very delicious and I wish I can grab the plate from the screen. Love the idea of sauteing the snap peas. Definitely want some soon.
March 26, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Thank you so much Archana. As the snap peas are so fresh and tender, just sautéing them was enough to bring out the flavours and keep the crunch.
March 27, 2021 at 2:01 am
OMG … what a lovely and healthy salad. Loving the lovely green colour and the look of this salad platter. Avocado is my hubby’s favourite. I am going to make this for him.
March 27, 2021 at 8:18 pm
Thank you so much Shobha. Enjoy when you try out the salad.