Easy Fruit Trifle
EVENT: HEALTHY WELLTHY CUISINES
THEME: 60 HWCG #TwistWithBiscuitHW
Twist with biscuits is an interesting theme as its so easy to include biscuits or cookies into making a quick dessert. Everyone on the group was wondering what to make. Some suggestions came along like using savory cookies or biscuits for bhel, or a no bake cake etc. I had made up my mind to make an easy dessert recipe as its really dear to my heart. Mind you, I’m eagerly waiting for the biscuit bhel recipe.
My eldest son did his Hotel Management and Administration from a Swiss Hotel Management School. When he came home after his first semester, his fingers had so many cuts. Being a mother, my heart hurt that his fingers were hurting. He was learning how to chop like a chef. During his stay at home, he would make some interesting recipes that he had learnt. Back then it was not common to have avocado in a sandwich, have mint in pineapple. He taught me all those things. The evenings were the best as he would disappear into the kitchen and tell me to stay out. He would make quick desserts using ingredients available at home. One of his creations that I really loved was this trifle he made. Till today it had no name but today had to give it a name – easy fruit trifle.
Usually trifles have cakes as the base, have both jelly and custard along with fruits, cream, nuts. However, this easy trifle recipe requires no cakes, custards or jelly. Just a few ingredients like cream, biscuits or cookies and fruit.
This dessert is a burst of different flavors, sweetness from the mango, tanginess from passion fruit, a slight spicy taste from the ginger nuts. What I love about these quick trifles is that in a matter of minutes dessert is ready.
I’ve used on occasions strawberries with coconut biscuits, mixed fruits with chocolate biscuits. They all taste really good. Sometimes I’ve served it ice cream instead of whipped cream.
Next time you have unexpected guests over, or don’t have time to make an elaborate dessert, this one is so easy to prepare.
EASY FRUIT TRIFLE
200 ml (1 cup) whipping cream
2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
8-10 ginger nuts (ginger biscuits)
1 cup chopped mango or any fruit of your choice
2 tbsp passion fruit pulp
4 tbsp passion fruit syrup
chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Add the cream to a container. Add powdered sugar. Whip till soft peaks are formed.
- You can make the trifle in one big bowl or in individual containers like dessert bowls or glasses.
- Snap the biscuits with your hands into small pieces.
- Make a layer using half of the cookies.
- Top it with half amount of fruit.
- Add half amount of passion fruit pulp over the fruit.
- Top with half amount whipped cream.
- Repeat the layers again, broken biscuits, fruit and cream.
- Garnish with chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
- Drizzle passion fruit syrup over the trifle.
- Let the trifle chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
- To make passion fruit syrup take ½ cup passion fruit pulp and whizz it lightly in a blender. Strain the mixture. Throw away the seeds. Measure the passion fruit juice. Add ½ or ¾ part sugar and mix well. Whatever syrup is left can be made into a fresh juice by adding some water.
- I used mango as it paired well with passion fruit. You can add any fresh fruit or a combination instead of mango.
- Replace the ginger nuts with other biscuits like digestives, coconut or oreo.
- Serve with ice cream instead of whipped cream.
Pin for later:
A little request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962
You may want to check out the following recipes:
Sharing this recipe with the following event:
You may want to check what other members have made for the theme:
Biscuit Bhelpuri by Shalu
Carrot Paneer Mousse by Veena
Cheeseling Bhel by Priya
Chocolate Biscuit Cake by Poonam
Chocolate Nutella Tart by Vanitha
Marie Biscuit Cake by Rosy
No Oven Biscuit Cake Recipe by Geetanjali
No Bake Swiss Roll by Jayashree
Oreo Energy Bites by Sasmita
Pizza Crackers by Swaty