341. lemongrass and mint iced tea
Healthy and refreshing
Did I mention its pretty hot here, yes I think I did. Yesterday we were without power the whole evening and night! Afternoons can get quite humid. These days, we don’t even feel like have a cup of hot tea. So I resort to making iced tea. Sometimes, I just get the herbal tea bags and infuse it in hot water in the morning and put it away in the fridge to cool. Today I decided to make some lemongrass and mint iced tea. There was a time when I had a huge lemongrass plant in my garden and I was giving away parts of it to friends and relatives to plant in their garden or pots. Now I have to either buy it or get it from my friends! One of friends gave me a huge bunch of lemon grass just a few days. I am enjoying making iced tea and normal tea with it.
Make this refreshing and cooling iced tea on a hot day or serve it after a heavy meal.
LEMON GRASS AND MINT ICED TEA
3 cups of hot water
1 tea bag
a handful of fresh mint leaves, or about ½ cup
3 to 4 lemon grass leaves, cut into small pieces
3 to 4 tsp honey, sugar or sweetener
1 tbsp grated lemon zest or rind
ice cubes to serve
- Add the tea bag, lemon grass, mint and lemon zest into the hot water.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Put the mixture in the fridge till required.
- Add a few cubes of ice into 4 glasses.
- Strain the infused liquid. Add sugar, honey or sweetener and mix well.
- Pour the tea over the ice cubes and serve.
You may want to check out the following:
|basil mint lemon drink|
|beetroot watermelon juice|
|mint lemon juice|
Sending this recipe for the following events: