green salad with avocado dressing
Sometimes its nice to have a simple salad without many ingredients. I find that the salad recipe I am about to share with you, is a good accompaniment to pasta, burgers or sandwiches. I love buying the mixed green salad leaves we get these days at Nakumatt or Tusky. Taking advantage of this because as soon as the hot season begins the salads will disappear from Mombasa. People normally go nutty about nuts but I am going nutty about avocado. Just can’t get over the fact that they are still available in abundance.
GREEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
A bag of green salad leaves (approx. 4 to 5 handful)
¼ cup torn mint leaves
½ cup mashed avocado
½ cup thick yogurt or mayonnaise
2 tbsps olive oil
½ cup finely chopped chives or spring onions
¼ to ½ tsp salt
1 tsp coarse pepper powder
- Wash the salad leaves. Pat them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Put the leaves and mint into individual bowls or 1 big bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad leaves.
- Prepare the dressing ahead and chill it in the fridge.
- Add a ¼ tsp garlic paste or ½ tsp chilli paste to the dressing for a different taste.
- Add basil leaves and rucola with the salad leaves.
- Can add your favourite nuts, but toast them lightly.
- Adjust the amount of salt if you are using mayonnaise. Ready mayonnaise already have salt in it.
You may want to check out other salads with avocado:
Black bean and corn salad with avocado dressing
corn and tomato salad with avocado dressing
May 11, 2019 at 1:35 pm
I must try this avocado dressing.. looks nice. Mashed avocado must have given it a thick texture.
May 13, 2019 at 9:31 am
It does give the dressing a thick and creamy texture, Shobha.
May 12, 2019 at 8:58 am
Very refreshing green salad.. light and delicious I can make this here in summers too as the ingredients are available all round the year.
May 13, 2019 at 9:30 am
Thanks Swati and please do try it out.
May 14, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Sure, will try!!
May 12, 2019 at 6:27 pm
the avocado must give the dressing such a nice and creamy texture
May 13, 2019 at 9:29 am
It does Mireille.
May 12, 2019 at 7:57 pm
This dressing has all my favourite ingredients. I love the combination of avocados, onions and yogurt.
May 13, 2019 at 9:28 am
Renu Agrawal Dongre
May 12, 2019 at 11:24 pm
A very nice salad with Avocado dressing. I am in hunt for ideas using Avocado and this looks like a must try this summer.
May 13, 2019 at 9:28 am
Thanks Renu, its so creamy and delicious, try it.
Batter Up With Sujata
May 13, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Salad looks delicious Mayuri. I am sure mashed avacado gives a smooth and creamy texture to the dressing. Perfect for this hot weather.
May 14, 2019 at 10:51 am