WATERMELON CUCUMBER SALAD
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is a refreshingly delicious summer time salad. Easy to make, I love to drizzle homemade watermelon vinaigrette over it. Feta cheese pairs amazingly well with watermelon.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- ¼ cup onion slices thin
- 8-10 olives sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 10-12 mint leaves chopped
- 6-8 walnuts roasted
- 2 cups salad leaves
FOR THE WATERMELON VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup watermelon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup | honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
Mix the salad ingredients together.
Cover with a cling film and store in the fridge till required. I prefer to do that so that we can enjoy chilled salad.
Whisk the dressing and keep it ready.
Just before serving, add the dressing and toss the salad lightly.
- Add fresh basil instead of mint.
- Use halloumi or any cheese of your choice instead of feta.
- Use salad leaves of your choice.
- Use any vinaigrette of your choice.