KIWI CUCUMBER SALSA
Kiwi Cucumber Salsa is a perfect accompaniment to any Mexican Dish. Not only does it look bright and refreshing but is also very healthy. Enjoy it on its own as salad during the summer months.
- 1 cup ripe kiwi finely diced
- 1 cup English Cucumber finely diced
- ½ cup spring onion chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander/cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate aril
- 1-2 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- 1 jalapeno or 1 green chillis finely chopped
- 1-2 fresh red chillis remove the seeds and chop finely
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
Peel kiwi that is not too ripe. Dice it into small pieces.
Dice the cucumber with the peel.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Cover and chill it in the fridge till required.
Serve kiwi cucumber salsa with tortilla chips, pita chips or enjoy it as a salad.
- Try and add lime juice as it makes the salsa taste different. However, you can use lemon juice.
- Replace the spring onion with a small red or white onion finely chopped.
- Adding red chillis is optional.