Pineapple Paleta is a delicious, cooling, refreshing summer time treat. And the best part is that it is made without refined sugar, is vegan and super easy to make.
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium banana peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ⅛ tsp salt
Put the pineapple, maple syrup, salt and banana in a liquidizer or a food processor.
Whizz the whole thing till you get a nice smooth consistency.
Strain the liquid if you feel that there are pineapple fibers.
Add the coconut cream and mix it well.
Pour the mixture into the molds cover it, insert the sticks and put it in the freezer.
The paletas will be ready in 3 to 4 hours time.
Run warm water over the molds.
Remove the paleta from the mold and serve.
- Add honey or any sweetener of your choice instead of maple syrup.
- Taste the mixture, if need be add a bit of sugar. We didn't add any as we got the
- sweetness from the syrup and banana.
- Instead of coconut cream add fresh cream, thick yogurt or condensed milk. If you use condensed milk, do not add any sweetener.
- If you use tinned pineapples for this recipe then you may need less sweetener. Taste before adding the required amount as tinned pineapples tend to be sweet.