Looking for an easy dessert to make for the upcoming Holi festival? Try out Thandai Mousse - light, smooth and melt in the mouth kind of dessert.
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tbsp chia seed powder
- 2 - 2½ tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Thandai Spice Powder
- 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts
- few strands of saffron optional
- Or add fresh fruit.
Add powdered sugar to the whipping cream and whip it till it forms soft peaks.
Add milk, thandai spice powder and chia seed powder.
Whip again for a few seconds.
Pour the mixture into serving bowls or glasses.
Let it chill overnight or for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
Serve chilled topped with chopped nuts, saffron, or fresh fruits.
- Want to use agar agar, then you need to heat ½ cup milk and add 2 tsp agar agar powder. Mix well, add to the cold milk. Add the milk to the whipped cream.
- Replace sugar with honey, maple syrup or stevia. Add according to your taste.
- For Homemade Thandai Spice Powder, click on the name or search on my blog.
- For parties, you can set the mousse in small glasses or cups. You'll be able to make 6 -7 following the above recipe.