BUCKWHEAT BREAKFAST PUDDING
A quick, healthy, filling, gluten free hot breakfast. So easy to make and make it more delicious by adding spices, fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice.
- ½ cup buckwheat coarsely ground (buckwheat dalia)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk use milk of your choice
- 1 tsp stevia use sweetener of your choice
- 2 tbsp dried fruits chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
Heat 1 cup water in a saucepan. When it becomes hot, add the buckwheat.
Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes, remember it cooks very fast.
Add milk and stirring it frequently let it cook till its done or becomes thick.
Add stevia and cinnamon powder. Mix well.
Spoon the porridge into serving bowls.
Top it with dried fruit and chopped nuts. Serve it hot.
- If you are using buckwheat groats, soak them in water for one hour. Drain out the water and wash the seeds in a strainer or sieve before adding them to the simmering water. This helps it cook faster.
- Add fresh fruits of your choice.
- Add seeds, like chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc of your choice.
- Add nuts of your choice.
- Add flavorings of your choice like vanilla extract, cardamom powder, saffron, or even cocoa powder.
- Prepare this pudding as a healthy dessert option.