TURMERIC YOGURT DRESSING
Turmeric Yogurt Salad Dressing has flavours of fresh turmeric and ginger infused well into the plain yogurt, making this dressing not only a naturally colourful, but also a very delish one.
- 1 cup thick plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp fresh turmeric grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper powder
If you're using normal plain yogurt, then you will need to remove the excess water.
Line a colander or big sieve with newspaper. Put a muslin or cotton cloth over it.
Add yogurt. Cover it with the cloth. Top with a newspaper page.
Let the excess water drain out of the yogurt.
Using a spoon, scoop up the thick yogurt from the cloth and add it to a mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Mix well and put the dressing in the fridge to chill.
Serve with your favorite salad.
- Use gloves to peel and grate fresh turmeric.
- If fresh turmeric is not available then you can use ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- If you find the dressing too tangy, you can add 1 tsp honey.
- Whisk or mix the ingredients together, don't blend or process it as it will become watery and thin.
- Remember that whenever you use turmeric you must also add black pepper because piperine helps to slow down the breakdown of curcumin by the liver, making the absorption of curcumin into the blood stream more effective.