MOORA NI BHAJI/ RADISH STIR FRY
Moora Ni Bhaji is an easy to make, delicious, vegan vegetable that is usually served with some khichdi and kadhi. Or you can serve it with hot roti.
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 10 minutes mins
Total Time 20 minutes mins
Course sabji, shaak, Side Dish
- 3 cups radish and leaves finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 6 fenugreek seeds
- ⅛ tsp asafetida (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp chana flour besan, chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- a generous pinch turmeric powder
Mix the chana flour, red chilli powder and pinch of turmeric in a small bowl. Keep it on the side till required.
Peel the radish. Wash the radish and leaves along with the stalk thoroughly. Shake of the extra water and chop both finely.
Heat oil in a wide pan over medium heat. When it becomes hot, add the fenugreek seeds, mustard, asafetida and chopped garlic.
Reduce the heat to low. Add ginger and chilli paste. Mix for a second or so and add the turmeric powder.
Immediately add the chopped radish, stalk and leaves. Add the salt.
Mix it well. Cover and let the vegetable cook over low heat till done.
Sprinkle the flour mixture over the cooked vegetable. Cover and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat, mix the vegetable and serve.
- Cut the stalk and leaves finely.
- You do not need to add any water as the vegetable will let out water while cooking.
- Add little salt initially as the vegetable has its own salt. Add more if required.
- Serve the vegetable with a dal and roti. Or with khichdi and kadhi.
Keyword mooli sabji, moora ni bhaji, moora nu shaak, radish stir fry