BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - EGG FREE
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are egg free, easy to make, soft, moist and fluffy. Filled with mashed banana, walnuts and chocolate chips, these muffins can be enjoyed as sweet breakfast or as a tea time treat.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda bicarbonate baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp walnuts/pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup banana mashed
- 2 tbsp water/milk/orange juice
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line muffin tray or molds with paper cups.
Sieve wheat flour together with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add oats, chocolate chips and nuts to the flour and mix well.
In another bowl whisk sugar, oil, banana puree,vanilla extract and yogurt.
Add the flour mixture and mix just enough to wet the flour. Do not over mix.
Spoon the batter ¾ of the way into the prepared tray or molds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Take the muffins out of the tray and let it cool on a wire rack.
Serve with hot coffee, tea or milk.
- Add any nuts of your choice.
- Make without chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle some oats on top before baking.
- Serve as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream or hot custard.
- Instead of vanilla extract add orange zest.