MANGO FALOODA RECIPE
Mango Falooda is a delicious dessert drink made with fresh mango and ice cream. An easy to make summer Indian dessert, mango falooda is simply irresistible. Along with chopped ripe mango, mango puree, jelly(jello), vermicelli and basil seeds (sabja seeds) are added to chilled milk. Top it with chopped nuts and you have an Indian version of a sundae.
- 2 tbsp sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- ½ cup vermicelli
- 4 -8 scoops vanilla/mango ice cream
- 1 cup fresh mango puree
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup chilled milk
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup mango jelly/jello cubes
Prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the packet. Let it set in a tray as you need a thin layer.
Soak the sabja seeds in enough water for 15 minutes. Replace them with chia seeds if you don't have sabja seeds.
Soak or cook the vermicelli and keep on the side till required.
Peel and chop a ripe mango into small cubes.
Peel and chop a big mango. Puree it in a blender.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE MANGO FALOODA
Add about ¼ cup set jelly into 4 tall glasses.
Add ¼ cup vermicelli into each glass.
Add ¼ cup mango puree into each glass.
Add about 2 tbsp of soaked sabja seeds into each glass.
Add sugar to the chilled milk and stir well.
Divide the milk into the 4 glasses.
Top with ¼ cup chopped mango.
Add a scoop or two of the ice cream.
Sprinkle some nuts and serve Mango Falooda with a straw and long spoon.
- There is no particular order in which to add the ingredients of falooda into a tall glass. This is just a guideline.
- You will have some jello/jelly left over. Serve it with chopped fresh fruit as dessert the next day.
- Use any flavor of ice cream.
- Chill the chopped mango and mango puree for a while for a super cold dessert.
- If you want to serve at a party, guests can assemble it themselves. Lay out other options like other chopped fresh fruits, choice of topping, choice of ice cream, etc.