CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD WITH HONEY LEMON DRESSING
Crunchy Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing is a delicious, crispy, tasty, healthy and nutritious salad. Enjoy it as a starter or as a light meal.
FOR CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD:
- 2 apples cored and chopped
- Few lettuce leaves any variety
- 100 g cheddar cheese about 1/2 cup
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 olives black or green, sliced
- 12 walnuts lightly roasted and cut into big pieces
FOR HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt or according to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper or chilli powder
PREPARATION OF HOENY LEMON DRESSING:
PREPARATION OF CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD:
- If the salad leaves have wilted a bit, soak it in ice cold water for for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry the leaves with a tea towel.
- Mix 2 varieties of apples.
- Use any cheese variety of your choice. Can omit cheese altogether.
- If you are serving the salad later, pour the dressing over it just before serving. However, remember to mix a bit of lemon juice with the apples so that they do not turn brown.