LETTUCE CUPS/ LETTUCE WRAPS
Fresh, crunchy, sweet, just enough saltiness, tangy, a wee bit chilli, aromatic. Lettuce Cups/ Lettuce Wraps is a great entertaining recipe.
- 3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp roasted cashewnuts roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped pepper any colour
- 3 tbsp carrot grated or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cooked corn
- 3 tbsp cucumber finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes optional
Chilli Honey Dressing :
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp honey/plum sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar/apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl.
Mix the ingredients for the dressing in another bowl.
Wash and wipe lettuce leaves.
Put the lettuce leaves in a plate or a bowl.
Your guests can help themselves by spooning a bit of the filling and dressing into the lettuce leaf. Fold and eat.
- If the lettuce leaves are not crunchy, soak them for a while in ice cold water. Then drain out the water, pat dry the leaves with a clean cloth and serve.
- Can add finely chopped green chilli instead of chilli flakes.
- Don't add the sauce to the filling as it will become watery.
- Top the filling on the lettuce leaf with the sauce/sauces before eating.