Watermelon Mousse is a very light, refreshing, fruity, delicious dessert. Easy to make, its a perfect dessert to celebrate Valentine's Day or to enjoy for a romantic evening.
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- ½ tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup cold fresh whipping cream
Add ½ cup watermelon juice into a heatproof bowl.
Sprinkle gelatin over it. Let it soak or bloom in the juice for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Add mint leaves to the remaining juice and blend.
Add the sugar, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
Place the bowl with gelatin over hot water and mix well till the gelatin dissolves.
Add the dissolved gelatin mixture to the mint watermelon juice.
Whip the cold fresh cream till soft peaks form.
Add the whipped cream to the watermelon juice and whisk lightly till all the cream is incorporated into the juice mixture.
Pour the mixture into individual serving bowls.
Put it in the fridge to set. I left mine overnight.
Serve topped with grated chocolate.
- Cut the watermelon into small tiny chunks before you process it in a liquidizer. The small pieces are easier to process without adding water.
- Reduce or add sugar according to the natural sweetness of the watermelon.
- Add ½ tsp ginger paste to the juice for a different flavour.
- Adding salt, brings out the flavour of the watermelon.
- If you want to use agar agar instead of gelatin replace it with 1 tbsp agar agar powder or 2 tbsp agar agar flakes.
- The number of servings will depend on the size of bowls you use.