BROCCOLI COCONUT SOUP
Broccoli Coconut Soup is a homemade, creamy, vegan, gluten free, healthy and filling soup. Easy to make, chopped almonds add a crunch to this delicious soup.
- 2 cups broccoli florets small
- 1 small potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup water or stock
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 8-10 almonds cut into slivers or roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, potato and garlic.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook the vegetables for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
Add stock or water, cover the pan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the broccoli florets and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Don't overcook the broccoli.
Add coconut milk.
Puree the mixture along with the coriander.
Return the pureed mixture into the pan. Gently heat up the soup.
Add salt, nutmeg and pepper powder.
Just before serving garnish with almond flakes.
- If you like, add a small green chilli when you saute the potatoes and onion.
- Adjust the salt according to your preference.
- If you find the soup too thick, just add a bit more of water, stock or coconut milk.
- Add chilli flakes if you like.