PINEAPPLE COCONUT VIRGIN MOJITO FLOAT
Pineapple Coconut Virgin Mojito Float is a cooling, thirst quenching,nectarous mocktail made from coconut water, mint, lemon and a homemade pineapple coconut sorbet
For the pineapple coconut sorbet:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- ½ cup fresh coconut meat the white part removed from coconuts that are still green
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
For the mocktail:
- 1-2 scoops pineapple coconut sorbet
- 1½ cups fresh coconut water chilled
- 12-14 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tall or Collins glasses
- sprigs of mint
- fresh pineapple wedges
- 2 pineapple leaves optional
- crushed ice
Preparation of the pineapple coconut sorbet:
Strain the fresh pineapple juice to remove any fibers.
Add the juice and coconut meat into a blender.
Add sugar only if the pineapple juice is not sweet.
Process till you get a smooth thick mixture.
Pour this mixture into a small container and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Preparation of the cocktail:
Add the coconut water, lemon or lime juice and mint into the blender.
Add sugar only if the coconut water is not sweet.
Process till the mint is finely chopped.
Add some crushed ice into the glasses.
Divide this liquid between 2 glasses.
Add 1-2 scoops of the pineapple coconut sorbet.
Decorate with mint sprigs, pineapple wedges or as you wish and serve immediately.
- If you don't get any coconut meat, then add ¼ cup coconut cream to the pineapple to make the sorbet.
- I used lemon instead of lime as I didn't get any lime.
- If you want to add some coconut rum or any other rum, add 2oz (½ cup) to the coconut water.
- Adding crushed ice is totally optional as adding the cold sorbet makes the drink cold.
- I didn't add any sugar as both the pineapple juice and coconut water were sweet.
- I used about 1½ cups of pineapple chunks to get 1 cup juice.
- For a healthy version, add stevia, maple syrup or honey instead of sugar if necessary.