TOMATO CARROT SOUP
Tomato Carrot Soup is an incredibly easy to make, creamy, low in fat, comforting, flavorful and healthy starter or light meal.
- 6 large tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cups water or stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
Preheat an oven at 180°C.
Grease a baking tray lightly with some olive oil.
Layer the chopped vegetables in the tray. Make sure the cut side of tomatoes are facing up.
Roast them for 20-25 minutes or till just done
Remove the tray from the oven.
Transfer the roasted vegetables to a blender.
Add water or stock and blend till its smooth.
Strain the mixture using a sieve or strainer.
Pour the soup in a pan, add the salt and pepper and heat it gently just before serving.
- Serve with grated cheese or croutons.
- To make healthy croutons, cut slices of bread into cubes.Drizzle a bit of olive oil. Add salt and herb. Place it on a baking tray and bake at 150°C till they become crunchy.
- Add dried or fresh herbs of your choice if you like while heating up the soup.