POTATO SALAD WITH DILL
Potato Salad with Fresh Dill is a flavourful, creamy and delicious salad. A wonderful salad to prepare ahead for parties, BBQ, or to serve at a pizza party. Enjoy on its own as a light meal.
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain thick yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 8 to 10 roasted walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 green chilli sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cream optional
Wash and put the potatoes in a pan. Cover it with enough water. Add 1 tsp of salt and boil the potatoes till they are done.
Drain out the water and let the potatoes cool down completely.
Peel them if you like. If some of them are big cut into half. You want bite size potatoes.
Mix remaining salt, honey, dill and green chilli with the thick yogurt. Also add the cream if you are using any.
Pour the yogurt over the potatoes. Mix it well and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes till it gets chilled.
Add sesame seeds and walnuts just before serving.
- Use normal potatoes if you don’t get baby potatoes. Peel and cube them when they are cold.
- Add ¼ tsp garlic paste if you like.
- Mix in a few chopped seedless grapes or pomegranate seeds