HOME MADE TEA MASALA/ CHAI MASALA/CHAI SPICE POWDER
Homemade Tea Masala or Chai Masala is an aromatic mixture of spices to add to your daily cuppa tea. Use the spice mixture for cakes, cookies, tea breads, latte.
- 100 g black pepper
- 75 g cinnamon sticks taj
- 50 g cardamom elachi
- 10 cloves laving
- 100 g dried whole ginger or powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
Dry roast the pepper, cinnamon sticks and cloves over low heat for 3 minutes. Remember to keep stirring all the time.
Let the spices cool.
Grind the pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom together into a fine powder. If your are used dried ginger, then add it along with the spices to grind.
Add the ginger and nutmeg powder and mix it very well.
Store the masala in an airtight container.
- Use good quality spices.
- Remember to roast them gently, do not burn the whole spices.
- Store in an airtight container to retain the freshness.
- Adjust the amount of spices according to your taste.
- Don't add too much of cloves, nutmeg or pepper as it may make the spice powder to strong and pungent.