BANANA CUCUMBER RAITA
Banana Cucumber Raita is a delicious, creamy, spicy yogurt based accompaniment that is usually served with an Indian Meal.
- 2 cups thick plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 green chillis finely chopped or minced
- 2 tsp coarse mustard powder
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- some pomegranate arils optional
Grate the cucumber and squeeze out the water from it by pressing it between your palms.
Peel and cut the bananas into slices or dice them. Add to the cucumber.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Chill the raita in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Remember to squeeze out the juice from the grated cucumber otherwise the raita will become watery.
- Add the cucumber juice to water you drink or dip 2 cotton wool pieces and keep them on your eyes as a coolant.
- Best to use freshly roasted and ground cumin powder.