AVOCADO MUSHROOM PASTA SALAD WITH TOMATO DRESSING
Avocado Mushroom Pasta Salad is a hearty, flavourful versatile salad. Enjoy it as a light meal. Perfect as a picnic salad or for parties.
FOR THE AVOCADO MUSHROOM SALAD
- 2 cups mushrooms (about 200g) cut into chunks
- 1 cup cucumber sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 large avocado peel and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup tiny cheddar cheese cubes
- ½ cup sweet corn cooked
- ½ cup baby tomatoes cut into halves
- pinch salt
- ½ cup fresh tomato puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ -⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp coarse black pepper powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano or any herb of your choice
Heat a wide pan over medium heat.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced on minced garlic.
Stir fry for a few seconds but don't burn the garlic.
Add the mushrooms.
Stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.
Remove the mushrooms from the pan and put them in a mixing bowl.
Allow the mushrooms to cool down a bit.
Sprinkle salt over the mushrooms and mix.
Peel and cut the avocado into chunks. Drizzle lemon juice over it.
Add to the mushrooms.
Add all the remaining salad ingredients and mix gently.
PREPARATION OF THE TOMATO DRESSING
Heat the olive oil for the dressing in a small pan over low heat.
Add the dried herb and tomato puree.
Allow the tomato puree to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add salt, sugar and pepper powder.
Mix well and allow the dressing to cool.
SERVING AVOCADO MUSHROOM PASTA SALAD
- If preparing the salad for a party, prepare everything ahead of time and put in the fridge.
- Make sure you drizzle the avocado chunks with lemon juice otherwise it will become black.
- Add roasted nuts of your choice.